TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grumpy if you say I told you so, I will kick your ass,,,,,

Actually I haven't even put an offer in on a house yet,,,
I have looked at 100 plus online, than narrowed that search to 15 that we drove by,,, then I went out last Monday with my Realtor and we looked at 5 homes inside. I fell in Love with one, Brought Veronica back on Tuesday to see, then when we got home to decide to put an offer in or not we saw fine print (that the Realtor should have seen) that it is short sale (which isn't all bad) This house sold to 2 females 4 years ago for $380,000 , they put down 100K, and have been carrying a note for $280k, they listed in November 2009 for $180K and dropped the price $5000 before our eyes,,,,thinking lets jump on this,,,beautiful house, to find out that just to make an offer on the house they want 1% in an Escrow account for up to 60days while they make their decision,,,,F<<<<That!!!

So we are still looking, 9 out of ten homes on the market are short sale or foreclosed, and weeding through the other 1% to find something that has windows and and RV gate is not that easy,,,,
Looking in the Glendale, Peoria area, if any one knows of any good homes for sale, please pass along the info.
Thank you,
K-ton

·
Registered
871 Posts
Don't be so quick to discount lender owned properties.

When the bank has already foreclosed and now really owns the house, they will get you answers quick, within a day or two. It will be real difficult to find one that doesn't require a lot of work though.

The short sales are impossible. If you do go that route, make your realtor call the bank and get some sort of approved price, and only deal with short sales that have ONE mortgage, if it has two just walk away.

Maricopa.gov/assessor was a great reference during our house search. Bookmark it and refer back often, it does require internet explorer to work correctly though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have only heard of one short sale actually going thru, My dad and i were going to flip a house and it was a short sale that the bank supposedly already had a approved price that we offered and never heard a word from them. My sister bought a forclosure and i think she got a great price in a nice area. It needed carpets cleaned and the interior painted but some were much worse. I think its a great time to buy but theres alot of shit to sift thru out there.

·
Banned
198 Posts
i agree with ya joe^^^^^^

tons of good deals but tons of shit to. my sister bought an foreclosed house that we went in in a weeks time and painted the whole place and layed new flooring, great home quiet area.

Key is have a good realtor that "knows" people, it makes it easier to find a nicer foreclosed home than most out there, they get eaten up quick though.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Foubychef,

Have you looked in to "Trustee Aution's"?

Usually the lender will discount what is owed by 40%. very few people even know about these. and you can take possession in just a few days or less!
it's a great way to go, if you can have the means to make it work.

however, be sure to research for leans! some, like HOA lean's you will have to pay!

Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Foubychef,

Have you looked in to "Trustee Aution's"?

Usually the lender will discount what is owed by 40%. very few people even know about these. and you can take possession in just a few days or less!
it's a great way to go, if you can have the means to make it work.

however, be sure to research for leans! some, like HOA lean's you will have to pay!

Just my :2cents:
Is this a public auction Or ???
I am trying to find a place with no HOA.
Thank you all for the great info.

K-ton

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today I put an offer in on a house, It is SHort Sale, but If things go semi smoothly and time is my only enemy I think it will be worth it.
When we walked in I noticed across the room next to the china cabinet,,,it was a little chef standing there (statue lol) holding a menu board as I approached the items in the china cabinet came into view, not 1 or 2 but no less than 30 collector plates of chef doing differnt things, then into the kitchen it was the Chef motife, every where,,,coincidence?

I feel sick,
K-ton

·
Registered
676 Posts
Today I put an offer in on a house, It is SHort Sale, but If things go semi smoothly and time is my only enemy I think it will be worth it.
When we walked in I noticed across the room next to the china cabinet,,,it was a little chef standing there (statue lol) holding a menu board as I approached the items in the china cabinet came into view, not 1 or 2 but no less than 30 collector plates of chef doing differnt things, then into the kitchen it was the Chef motife, every where,,,coincidence?

I feel sick,
K-ton
Sounds like the Twilight Zone.:)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They accepted the offer on the house, now we wait,,,,,
I will keep you updated, and will post some pictures later.
K-ton

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats!

Where do we ship the house warming gifts?

I'm thinking: rusty old bathtub / lawn-decor planter

:D
The place was complety rebuilt in 2004 due to fire:
New roof
New ac/heat pump
new wiring
new plumbing
new water heater
Kitchen will still need full upgrade due to "look whos cooking":rolleyes:
I will need a pool guy to repair fix up self cleaning pool nozzles,
(I hear they put on full scooba suits to repair)
I plan on painting first thing when we move in. I can handle that
Maybe pour a concrete slab and add an rv gate to the west side of house, maybe install lift for work shop.:welder::saw:
I am soo super excited.:aahg:

Here is a description of property
http://www.fourbychef.com/home description.doc

MAybe I will have a dinner party when we get moved in,,,

Here are a few pictures of proposed digs.

The best part about this buy is that the mortgage will be at least $200 less a month than the rent I am paying now. And the mortgage is affordable enough to pay extra principle, maybe paying off in as little as 15 years.

46 years old and my very first house, goes to show never too late.
K-ton

1 - 11 of 11 Posts