TTORA Forum banner

401 - 420 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Sounds like you'll be just fine! If something else comes up Troy and I are about to go work on his rig but I'll check back every hour or so.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sounds like you'll be just fine! If something else comes up Troy and I are about to go work on his rig but I'll check back every hour or so.
Thank you both, I think I will be able to run with it from here but we will all know Monday when I attempt :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
I forgot to post up but I did get the 5100's on the front and it took just under 3 hours. I used this spring compressor and it worked just fine.

Before.

After.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Nice spring compressor... Never seen on that sturdy looking before.

·
Registered
12 Posts
whats up everyone just wanted to say i would love to help out any way i can i am a licensed electrician so if you need power or lights or what every i can help out. I have tools to plasma, tig, mig etc body tools metal forming tools and a bunch of crap i had a tube bender but funds ran short so i had to sell something will be getting 1 soon. pm me and we can talk and i will follow this thread later.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Its been about 2 years since the last post on this sticky, but i wanted to see if the house of wrenching was still up and running. Im looking at getting some rear suspension for my 03' Taco just to start with much more planned and would love a place to do some wrenching with some help and also because i dont have any tools out here (just moved here June from AZ/SD).

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
If something will be a one-day job, I'll offer up tools/stuff at my little shop; I'm trying to have an open bay sometime this month for fast stuff. No more year (or longer) projects in this place; daddy needs a bigger shop.

Sundays only, unless I win Powerball and quit working. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is this still going on? I have an 07 V8 Runner that needs a new timing belt with all wear items replaced and basically a full fluid swap/tune up. I'd like to do it myself but I just moved to the Denver area and don't have anywhere to do the work.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I'm sure someone will be willing to help you.

The problem may come in where to do it. I would offer my place,but my garage is in use and will be for some time.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Hey all...

Listen there are a lot of you who are new. A lot of you who aren't - Troy and I want to let you know if we can help fix it... we will (for no charge if only we are involved). Thus we offer the HOUSE OF WRENCHING: (At 1-25 and HWY 119 in Longmont) If you need something done this winter and we are available, so is our garage. (Oh and pitch in some funds and I will cook to make it happen for ya and the begged help from CoTTORA!! :D)

What that means? Here is what we can offer...

First off - beds for you to stay if you travel a long way. Remember we are not charging :D - Just give back to CoTTORA - Weekends are Ideal!

This is what we have:
  • Most tools - lotsa metric too
  • 4 sets of jack stands
  • 2 creepers
  • 2 grinders
  • sawzall
  • jigsaw
  • Sander
  • lots o drills, bits, and what not
  • Hub bit
  • Most anticipated Yota bolts (Metric)
  • C02 tank - w/air tools
  • Small air compressor
Of course we can help with what you should order... Grade 10 metric :D

What would help (you can bring) /What we are working on getting/what we might have access too...
  • Large Air Compressor
  • Mig Welder
  • Plasma Torch
  • Bearing Presser (Presser in general)
  • Soldering Gun
What we have worked on - have familiarity with:
  • Suspension re-do
  • SAS rebuild
  • Building a CO2 kit
  • Crawler install
  • Clutch re-do
  • Replacing CV's
  • Power steering Replace
  • Fan and radiator replace
  • Alternator Replace
  • Tune up including spark plugs - replace
  • Troubleshooting locker issues
  • Troubleshooting Ring and Pinion Issues
  • Diff removal / install
  • Working on heater blower replace
  • Working on re-wiring doors
  • Working on body work
  • Working on chopping a 4 runner
Don't forget all the trail repairs that we and most of our CoTTora buddies are familiar with!

What we can't do: (But we have a full list of contacts who can help if you are willing to pay)
  • Gear rebuild
  • 1st time ARB install
  • Engine rebuild
  • Armour build
Please post up if you have a project in mind for this winter or tools or help to offer. We need it all! w00t! For Co TTORA

I know it's old, but that is really cool. Very generous and helpful offer.

We need more of this!:saw::welder:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
I know it's old, but that is really cool. Very generous and helpful offer.

We need more of this!:saw::welder:

Oh man, I miss the HOW. The House of Wrenching. We have been in Houston now for 4 years and have not done any wheeling, But the bug is coming back. I just got Troy's truck running again, and I am replacing the ARB comoressor. Need to figure out the emissions tho. Anyway I look at that list of tools and chuckle, as we have trippled what we have.

I miss you CoTTORA guys. But have no fear. I think Tippy is coming back to roost! :D

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Oh man, I miss the HOW. The House of Wrenching. We have been in Houston now for 4 years and have not done any wheeling, But the bug is coming back. I just got Troy's truck running again, and I am replacing the ARB comoressor. Need to figure out the emissions tho. Anyway I look at that list of tools and chuckle, as we have trippled what we have.

I miss you CoTTORA guys. But have no fear. I think Tippy is coming back to roost! :D
Good to hear! Bring yer junk out here next summer and we'll hit some shit.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
Roger that Shawn! It would be so good to get on a real trail again...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I can't believe you've been down there for 4 years...although, really, it seems like Troy has been everywhere else on the planet BUT houston:) Miss y'all!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
So True Jeremy! We are gonna try and get serious about fixing Tippy to send back to Colorado. Probably part Ron out since he wont pass inspections, and why dump more $$ into fixing that when his 3slow has 260k on it. Plus troy wants a desert long travel truck to play in down here...

401 - 420 of 426 Posts
About this Discussion
425 Replies
60 Participants
Avsfreak1234
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing