TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get 3" of lift, how do i know exactly when i get 3" of lift, is it the distance between the bottom of the shck threads to the top plate where you adjust using the spanner wrench? the problem is that i did not measure the truck before i put the shocks on.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
aelogbi said:
i want to get 3" of lift, how do i know exactly when i get 3" of lift, is it the distance between the bottom of the shck threads to the top plate where you adjust using the spanner wrench? the problem is that i did not measure the truck before i put the shocks on.
No, it's not determined by the amount of threads.

If you didn't adjust them prior to installing them, then you could contact SAW and find out how much lift they were set to provide from the factory, then measure your current ride height at that setting and adjust from there.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
the ditance of threads between top plate and spanner plate is not an accurate indication of lift. 3" of threads showing would be over 3" of lift. My donahoes have about 2-1/8" to 2-3/8" of thread showing and they're at 2.5" lift

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
measure them and post it, I am running just over 4" and I have 2.5" of thread showing on the drivers side and 2.25" on the passenger side
mine are brand new, spray some lubricant on the threads above and below the thread collar and it will help adjust them.
I can send you pics, if need be
bob

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
98 Taco said:
measure them and post it, I am running just over 4" and I have 2.5" of thread showing on the drivers side and 2.25" on the passenger side. mine are brand new, spray some lubricant on the threads above and below the thread collar and it will help adjust them. I can send you pics, if need be bob
You're running over 4" of lift with your SAW's?

·
1,114 Posts
I have manual hubs
i am back to running my stock rubbermaid bumper, no HD front bumper to weigh me down LOL
I am running the All Pro rear lift, 3" leaf springs and AOR 1.5" lift shackles=4.5" of rear lift, my truck sit totaly level, hasn't been that way for over 4 years
my driver side used to lean like a SOB and my old SAW's were put on used and never recharged, I sent them to Ryan and he said they were able to rebuild them, but he recomended I buy new ones for a bit more money than the rebuild charge.
I did and am so DAMN HAPPY!!!!!!
I was trying to just achieve 3", but am getting more than that, I guess
I can send you pics, too

·
1,114 Posts
I have manual hubs
i am back to running my stock rubbermaid bumper, no HD front bumper to weigh me down LOL
I am running the All Pro rear lift, 3" leaf springs and AOR 1.5" lift shackles=4.5" of rear lift, my truck sit totaly level, hasn't been that way for over 4 years
my driver side used to lean like a SOB and my old SAW's were put on used and never recharged, I sent them to Ryan and he said they were able to rebuild them, but he recomended I buy new ones for a bit more money than the rebuild charge.
I did and am so DAMN HAPPY!!!!!!
I was trying to just achieve 3", but am getting more than that, I guess
I can send you pics, too

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
98 Taco said:
I can send you pics, too
I must be drunk... I'm seein' double! LOL I'd rather see pics of the balljoints and how much downtravel you have left (though I realize pics of downtravel would be kinda tricky).

·
Registered
836 Posts
Don't know what truck you have, but here are my pre-lift measurements for my '02 TRD x-cab.
RF 21.5
RR 22.25
LF 21.25
LR 22.25
These are taken from the center of the hub straight up to the bottom of the fender flare. Hope this gives you a starting point for estimating your lift.

·
Registered
95 Posts
aelogbi said:
:confused:
just crank them all the way up, and then when thats still not enough try the 16" kings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts