TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short story to my delima is I lost my job last Thursday. I have been to several interviews since and have another in the morning. I have a really good feeling about two of them, one job I have a inside contact and the other was floored by my pervious job experience. So what would you look at between the two on what to take? One company is a huge global company the other is local.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
pay, benefits, bullshit have to put up with, likelihood of company to be downsizing anytime soon, and room for advancement.

·
Registered
414 Posts
How about turn over rate. Employment longevity. Do the employees you met seem happy or miserable. It comes down to being happy when you get up in the morning and actually want to go to work. Currently I took a job that pays $2 less an hour just because people seemed happy there. Just saying.

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
I work for a smaller private company. We used to be pretty small, but we've been growing over the years. I've been with this company for 15 yrs. Its a fun place to work and I enjoy the smaller company atmosphere. One of my former co-workers took a job with a larger corporation a few years back. He got laid off last year when the company decided to downsize their work force. He was a good employee, but that doesn't matter when you have to answer to shareholders.

Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up taking a job with a large company. I turned down a better paying job with possible management duties for a mindless job. I ended up basing my decision on my son. The better paying job would have had me working a schedule where I would never see him, watching my son grow up and being apart of his everyday life is something I am not willing to sacrifice.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Good for you brother!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
04 Rocko Taco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing