TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i have to do to remove the stock radio from my 2002 prerunner tacoma?? i gotta get to the back of the stereo to plug in my new ipod2car adapter. if you havent seen these before you should really check it out. so any help would be appreciated. heres the link too if you got an ipod and was thinking about installing one
www.ipod2car.com

·
Registered
135 Posts
Instead of taking out your head unit to use that, why dont you just buy "itrip" it plugs into your ipod and cigarette lighter, then u just tune your radio to a certain station and u can listen to the music on your ipod over your car stereo. and there is no hard wiring so you can move it from car to car if you choose to.

·
Registered
264 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
what do i have to do to remove the stock radio from my 2002 prerunner tacoma?? i gotta get to the back of the stereo to plug in my new ipod2car adapter. if you havent seen these before you should really check it out. so any help would be appreciated. heres the link too if you got an ipod and was thinking about installing one
www.ipod2car.com
Here is a good writeup: http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=77&c=6

You only need to do the first 5 steps.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stevet47 said:
Instead of taking out your head unit to use that, why dont you just buy "itrip" it plugs into your ipod and cigarette lighter, then u just tune your radio to a certain station and u can listen to the music on your ipod over your car stereo. and there is no hard wiring so you can move it from car to car if you choose to.
have you actually tried the iTrip before or has anyone else, i just want really good quality so i was thinking im going to have to hardwire to get a good sounds . if anyone has used the itrip please give me your opinion of it.
thanks
-darren

·
Registered
135 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
have you actually tried the iTrip before or has anyone else, i just want really good quality so i was thinking im going to have to hardwire to get a good sounds . if anyone has used the itrip please give me your opinion of it.
thanks
-darren
My dad just got it for christmas, we havent used it yet, but if you want, I'll let you know how it is once we set it up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stevet47 said:
My dad just got it for christmas, we havent used it yet, but if you want, I'll let you know how it is once we set it up.
please let me know how you like it, i want really quality sound.
thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
flatlandtacoma
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing