TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard would it be to install a Viper alarm?

I want keyless entry, remote start, 2-way remote (the one with an LCD), proximity sensor....etc

I am decent at wiring and figuring things out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How hard was it to find all of the wires that you have to tap into in the truck?

·
Registered
121 Posts
not that hard. Did a viper alarm and window module in about two hours. Would have did remote start but I have a manual tranny. you Need a DMM and a wiring diagram. Email me if you need diagrams or help.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not too bad. All the wires I needed for my RS/KE were right under the drivers dash. Took about 3-4 hours with breaks. Check out www.the12volt.com it is awesome!
Anthony

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to get a viper 791 with the 2 way LCD remote. Where should I get one from.....ebay sells some, but I am a little sceptacle..... all the boxes look torn up or they are refurbished.

How hard are they to program?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I bought my system off ebay. It was a Crimestopper brand. Simple keyless/remote start. Just buy it on ebay. Get one NIB, from a seller with 1000+ feedback. I would recommend that you check out the Compustar products. I feel they make a nicer system then the Viper. Viper is more of just a name at this point. Good luck! Definately check out www.the12volt.com !
Anthony

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just a name. Viper is made by DEI and only sells to authorized dealers, they also make clifford and python. They make the best window module available. I have installed mobile audio and security for many years and DEI hasn't let me down. I can't vouch for other compaines, although they may be good as well. Even though you may find it on ebay, a store would be reluctant to sell you one. They could lose their contract with them or so I was told, just ask around. Buy it new. Anyway, some stereo shop by my house sold me the alarm and window module. If you could get one it's not hard to install. Believe me, toyotas and hondas are cake man. Why do you have your heart set on the 791, why not the 650 w/ RS. Do you need all the aux channels. I considered RS but for safety reasons (manual tranny), opted away from it. I have the 350 with the 530T and it works like a champ. All wires are under the kick panel or under dash.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I wasnt saying that viper was just a name...i was saying you pay a lot for that name. There are plenty of good alarms out there, viper being one of them. He is very right when he says the wires are right under the drivers dash and kick panel. Very easy to find. Go for the auto start, you will only regret it later! It you have a manual...they have some great safety features now. Mine doesnt have them, so I am careful!
Anthony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts