TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles do you have on your supercharger? Done any fuel mods? Had any problems? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
i have almost 30k on mine w/ no fuel mods and no problems...except the HG/LR ping of course

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
97 4Runner with 50,000 miles all supercharged and all but the frist 2000 with fuel mods. Supercharger serial number 0032 with URD stage III.

96 4Runner with 150,000 miles total. 110,000 miles supercharged. I was the first to see the problem with the high RPM leanout and started addressing it right away. Supercharger serial number 0299. With URD Stage II

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi
a 97 4runner with 85,000 sc @ 15,000 no fuel mods and doesnt really need it
a 2002 DC tacoma 80,000 sc @30,000 urd @ 45,000 2.2 pulley @ 65,000
the double cab needed the mods badly
Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
coldtaco said:
How many miles do you have on your supercharger? Done any fuel mods? Had any problems? Thanks.
1998 TRD Tacoma Limited, 85,000 total miles, 85,000 Supercharged,
No Fuel Mods, Mine is the one the very first kits and came with the FMU
I originally had issues with the High Gear/ Low RPM ping,
However, cooler Sparkplugs, adding the check valve to the air assist line, and the restrictor in the Supercharger boost actuator line, cured My ping issues
Unless I get a tank of sub par fuel.

Also so reasons I can’t fully explain, when I installed the TRD headers, My pinging issues were reduced by about 80%.
I can’t explain why that would be, but I spoke with several others on the old Delphi forum that experienced the same reduction in the ping when they installed the headers.

I will not look a gift horse in the mouth………………………….

·
Registered
84 Posts
01 S/C with no fuel mods and runs great!...there is some pinging if you bog it but who drives like that anyway?...ran a 14.5 @94 mph at the track.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 188k on my s/c 97...I put the s/c on around 20 or 30k. I have had fuel mods for less than half of my s/c miles. I got a new rotating assembly for my s/c after it had about 100k, but when they tore down my old unit said that it was still in good shape so realistically replacing the part was a waste of money. Some days my truck feels strong and others it starts to feel tired. I have had no problems (other than periodically having to replace header gaskets, replacing the timing belt once and clutch once) as the truck neither burns or even leaks oil.

Mike

·
Registered
56 Posts
95.5 with 2.7. 166,000 with 20,000 supercharged. URD kit in the box. Havent had time to install. Running stock pulley with no problems.

·
Registered
222 Posts
What gas do you guys get? Regular or premium? What rating? Can you run 87 octane or is that a No No?

·
Registered
3 Posts
~15,0000, 7th injector for fuel mod, no problems. 91 octane Cali. gas. I have loaded up with 89 mid grade and it didn't ping on that.
Never tried 87, I don't think I'd even try.

·
Registered
203 Posts
coldtaco said:
51k miles, 5k with s/c and URD, no problems.

·
Registered
203 Posts
keylay said:
What gas do you guys get? Regular or premium? What rating? Can you run 87 octane or is that a No No?
I use Shell 93. I never used 87 and wouldn't try it either. I did run 107 after the install but before tuning to cure the ping. It worked too.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
BLOWNYOTa said:
2001 s/c w/ 95,000.
so why is everything capital except the a?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts