TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of you guys have your sas tacoma as your daily?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
turbo4door said:
Just wondering how many of you guys have your sas tacoma as your daily?
Mine is. I like to haul ass across three states, wheel the hell out of it, and be able to drive it home. There's somewhat of a fine line between building something that does well out on the trail and also works for a daily driver. I've seen a couple rigs that actually drive better on the street after the axle swap. Dick Foster's coiled rig is one of them.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats great to hear guys. Im really interested in the swap, and its my daily.

I know you can make it reliable with the right parts. Just interested to see who's doin it. ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I drive mine a little........................ it only has 270k miles on it and 60k of those after the SAS and 70k after the Supercharger on the oroginal motor.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Drive mine 50 miles a day back and forth to work. Over 101000 miles on the truck and just over 6000 on the SAS. Truck drives great. Even at hi Highway speeds Hehe.. So I heard. :D

Trent

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did for awhile, then bought a DD car, then car Died, now back to DD my rig =) I love it, even at 85 *er i mean 65...yhea...thats it* It does awsome. Only problems i have is alot of slop in my steering because the guy who did my hi steer arms was off on his measurments or something and i have to have shims to use my tie rods =(

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i drove mine for around 4-5 months after i did the swap, it drove great even with 39.5's on unbalanced beadlocks, however i have since bought a new car and decided to turn the truck into a trail rig only, so now the whole truck is torn apart :welder:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm in the same boat as zac, i drove it for over a year after the swap and drove great, but after that many wheeling trips, some really scary situations, i decided to get my exo done and get rid of the doors, so i drove all summer like that but now she sits in the garage all torn apart, this spring i will tow it and summer prob. drive it again.
but you know what they say...
Ain't a real rig if you don't tow it. (or something like that).

Oz.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
oztaco said:

Oz.
Ahhh! you are full of it! Depending on your welding and my other friends, mine should be a daily get-rer–done mobile!

:lmao:

I have been trying to make your phone ring for a week now, but it hasn't worked! I guess I need to actually call you.

No progress on the truck (did find new springs for $50 apiece–but I want to do some more checking around first, since I got two for less when I went to the bone yard with you)

Still planning on making that trip up there in two weeks! I will call some time this week!

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Bear said:
get-rer–done mobile!

psst.. if you were referring to Lary the Cable Guy, its Git R Done.

;)

Hey I have an 1.5 hrs between classes whatelse am I supposed to do?

Ok back to normal thread info.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
oztaco said:
but you know what they say...

Oz.
I respectfully disagree. It ain't a real rig unless you can drive across a few states, wheel the hell out of it, fix whatever might break, drive it home, and drive it to work the next day. :D

Later,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Wgasa84 said:
psst.. if you were referring to Lary the Cable Guy, its Git R Done.

;)

Hey I have an 1.5 hrs between classes whatelse am I supposed to do?

Ok back to normal thread info.

:D I have only seen him once or twice on the tube! but I actually was in the middle of one quote and then that one popped into that small space I call a brain so it came out all wrong.

but I have to ask…Did you know what I meant?????? If so then :stfu::lmao:

(just mess'n wit ya! it's all good)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts