TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to put a cornfed 3" lift, AAL on the rear, and Bilstein shocks all around. A local off road shop wants to charge me around $400+ for the install, thats not counting the alignment I have to get done. I don't want to mention names...Now is this a decent price or should I go somewhere else to get it done. I have friends that will do it for a $100 bucks a a case of beer, but I already know that they'er gonna take forever. Plus a professional install would warranty their work. How much did the rest of you out there pay for your lift? :welder:

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
DBOY900 said:
I plan to put a cornfed 3" lift, AAL on the rear, and Bilstein shocks all around. A local off road shop wants to charge me around $400+ for the install, thats not counting the alignment I have to get done. I don't want to mention names...Now is this a decent price or should I go somewhere else to get it done. I have friends that will do it for a $100 bucks a a case of beer, but I already know that they'er gonna take forever. Plus a professional install would warranty their work. How much did the rest of you out there pay for your lift? :welder:
One of the local shops charges $50 bucks to install the spacers & mount them up front.
***HOWEVER
I am gonna go out on a limb and say most of us didn't pay to install our lifts.
Or atleast the guys I wheel with don't.
Hook up with the local members and throw/host a wrench-athon
-Keep the number small- 2-3 guys
- Supply the food & beer or take everyone out for dinner- and you should be able to get things knocked out pretty quickly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I invite 2 or 3 guys over, they probably invite more people and I would end up with no lift and more drunk guys at my house looking for more beer :xbeer2: :xbeer2: then I would still need to go to a shop for the install:xbeer1:

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
DBOY900 said:
If I invite 2 or 3 guys over, they probably invite more people and I would end up with no lift and more drunk guys at my house looking for more beer :xbeer2: :xbeer2: then I would still need to go to a shop for the install:xbeer1:
That's why I said keep it small. You begin to see diminishing returns with the increasing number of participants.
- Also - no beer until after the install . lol

You can also rent/borrow spring compressors from Autozone
-FOrtunately we had a guy here fab up a portable spring compressor that uses a 20T bottle jack to do the work-

There's really not much difficulty to suspension lifts

·
Registered
150 Posts
$450 for a complete revetk 3 inch lift and $30 for my dealership to compress the springs did everything my self and $62 for the alignment.

·
Banned
598 Posts
i had a full set of bilstein HD's already, but:

02' Taco 2.7L 4x xtra-cab
OME 881's $153 (good for 2-3")
DIY rear leaf mod ~$100 (good for 2-4")

the fronts have lift, but no additional travel. the rear will have lift and more travel.

my local tire shop will do my alignment for about $60.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
since you in live in norcal i'm sure there are a lot of TTORA members who are more than willing to help you install them...
I got help from my friends, also members here and all you have to worry about paying is to get the coils compressed about 40 bucks for both and get an alighment after you are done...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
DBOY900 said:
Not sure how much you've dealt with the NorCal TTORA group but I'd be willing to bet if you went and invested some sweat equity at a wat or two they'd have no problem assisting you with your lift.
Works everytime here in Texas.

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
grillmasterp said:
That's why I said keep it small. You begin to see diminishing returns with the increasing number of participants.
- Also - no beer until after the install . lol
You drink Coors Light during the wrenching, hard to get drunk from Coors Light. When you are done, sweep up the garage and bust out the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. :D

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I got a guy at work that says he says he knows somebody but you guys know how that goes....Alignment is $60 bucks? The lowest I could find was around $80 bucks, maybe it's just a Cali thing :confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Mike said:
You drink Coors Light during the wrenching, hard to get drunk from Coors Light. When you are done, sweep up the garage and bust out the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. :D

Later,
....Mike
Hey mike I live up near Vallejo, who did your lift man? Maybe you could hook me up. The guy I work with is taking to long with the "we'll put it on for you sentence". You know.

That would be a good idea buying some cheapo beer....how about natural light! :xbeer3:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts