TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my clutch. It's been really grabby/chattering so I decided to get a new flywheel just in case my OE is toast. The one I ordered from Marlin is listed at 22.7 lbs. I did some searching after I had already ordered it and found a range of stock flywheel weight between 24-27 lbs. I don't think I really want to put a lighter flywheel in. If anything I'd go heavier but I'd really like to stay close to stock weight.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My stock flywheel weighed 24 lbs.
The marlin flywheel weighed 25 lbs.

Mine was in good shape and could have been resurfaced but I used the new one because it was Sunday and nobody was open to do it. So if anyone needs a spare flywheel let me know.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I just went out and weighed a stock 3RZ flywheel we have laying around and it weighed 24.1 pounds. I then weighed our new flywheel and it also weighed 24.1 pounds. The previously listed weight on our website of 22.7 pounds was incorrect! Sorry for the mistake and glad I got it corrected!!

Regards,
BigMike

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No big deal, Mike. I didn't buy it based on the weight anyway. When I bought the clutch and flywheel the Tacoma was my only ride so it was important that I could get the job done over a weekend. Having a new flywheel on hand was just planning for the worst.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dang I totally thought it would've been more as my 02 Lexus is300s fly wheel was 47.5lbs haha I thought the pick ups would be heavy duty too. 20lbs ain't bad. I've ran exedy light weights in past vehicles. (02 is300, 92 sas ext cab with a 22rte, an 85 22r with just a exedy clutch and flywheel replacement not lightweight. And I felt a huge improvement with all especially the is300, even more so the stock flywheel being a 2 piece sprung pos.
Now I have an 97 tacoma with the 3rz and the clutch/flywheel grab but have miles and I was looking at upgrading but it sounds like just a resurfacing and new clutch will be fine

QUOTE="BigMike, post: 2377158, member: 11262"]
I just went out and weighed a stock 3RZ flywheel we have laying around and it weighed 24.1 pounds. I then weighed our new flywheel and it also weighed 24.1 pounds. The previously listed weight on our website of 22.7 pounds was incorrect! Sorry for the mistake and glad I got it corrected!!

Regards,
BigMike
[/QUOTE]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts