TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm throwing around the idea of selling my 1998 extended cab and buying a double cab. My daughter is getting a bit too big to fit in the back. Below are the mods I have done. The NADAGuides webpage says about $8000. What do you think it is worth?

1998 Tacoma Extended Cab 4x4 5spd 101,000miles
4.56 gears with lockright in rear axle
JBA Headers
FlowPro Muffler
TJM front bumper
Allpro rear bumper
Stubbs Welding sliders
Sony stereo (deck and 4 speakers with a Bazooka in the back)
Radio Shack CB
Brake controller (I tow a pop-up) and towing kit
OME 881s and OME Leafs in the rear (2 - 2.5-inches).
285r75-16 Dunlop Mud Rovers
Konig wheels
Pinch-weld has been bent down
Port kit cruise control
The drivers front fender has been dented and the windshield is cracked
 

·
Deal Master
Joined
·
2,775 Posts
~8000-8500 sounds about right-
the mileage should be a strong selling point.

The other mods can't really get you more money unless you find the right buyer

You may want to consider parting out some items such as the Bumpers or even the lockright- Especially if you are going to trade it in.

If that is the case- Dibs on the front & rear bumpers ;) - I have stock f & R bumpers if you want to get back to stock look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't planning on parting it out. If I change my mind, I'll let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,489 Posts
tllstaco said:
I'm throwing around the idea of selling my 1998 extended cab and buying a double cab. My daughter is getting a bit too big to fit in the back. Below are the mods I have done. The NADAGuides webpage says about $8000. What do you think it is worth?

1998 Tacoma Extended Cab 4x4 5spd 101,000miles
4.56 gears with lockright in rear axle
JBA Headers
FlowPro Muffler
TJM front bumper
Allpro rear bumper
Stubbs Welding sliders
Sony stereo (deck and 4 speakers with a Bazooka in the back)
Radio Shack CB
Brake controller (I tow a pop-up) and towing kit
OME 881s and OME Leafs in the rear (2 - 2.5-inches).
285r75-16 Dunlop Mud Rovers
Konig wheels
Pinch-weld has been bent down
Port kit cruise control
The drivers front fender has been dented and the windshield is cracked

if you decide to part , I will take your front/rear diffs and give you my 4.10 diffs and reinstall your lockrite in the 4.10 rear diff. plus do all the work for ya :) just gimme a $ amount
 

·
Deal Master
Joined
·
2,775 Posts
tllstaco said:
I wasn't planning on parting it out. If I change my mind, I'll let you know.
We're vultures...plain and simple - Gotta call pre-emptive dibs to snag stuff around here. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,903 Posts
tllstaco said:
My wife just said you should buy my and part it out! :)
I think you are missing the point.

Your truck with all the extras= X dollars.

Your truck without any extras= the same X dollars.

Your truck without any extras plus whatever you can sell the extras for = Xdollars plus a bunch.

They're not trying to rip you for your stuff, they are telling you what they have learned about selling these trucks.
 

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
Joined
·
659 Posts
I paid $9k for this truck,http://darklodge.com/tacoma/4sale/ and there were a lot more mods to it than yours. Frank is right, unless you find the right buyer you'll loose $$$ on some of your mods, or you can swap back to stock and recoup some of your $$.
 

·
Cracker
Joined
·
5,648 Posts
fast frank said:
I think you are missing the point.

Your truck with all the extras= X dollars.

Your truck without any extras= the same X dollars.

Your truck without any extras plus whatever you can sell the extras for = Xdollars plus a bunch.

They're not trying to rip you for your stuff, they are telling you what they have learned about selling these trucks.
Excellent synopsis sir.
 

·
Reppin the Flips on TTORA
Joined
·
796 Posts
:worthless
 

·
Row Row Row your Boat
Joined
·
1,632 Posts
Toby, if it might help your sale, there is a windshield shop that I have used several times before that will do Taco windshields for about $100 dollars. might help you down the road when you do sell it.
The shop is in Pasadena, I am taking my GF truck there tomorrow to get the windows tinted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know, I know

fast frank said:
I think you are missing the point.

Your truck with all the extras= X dollars.

Your truck without any extras= the same X dollars.

Your truck without any extras plus whatever you can sell the extras for = Xdollars plus a bunch.

They're not trying to rip you for your stuff, they are telling you what they have learned about selling these trucks.
I know that it takes the right person to pay more and that I can make more $ by parting it out. As I was looking around this past weekend, I thought about taking the rear bumper, sliders, tires and wheels, etc. and putting them on a new truck (if the person selling would let me.)

Thanks for the advice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Captain J said:
Toby, if it might help your sale, there is a windshield shop that I have used several times before that will do Taco windshields for about $100 dollars. might help you down the road when you do sell it.
The shop is in Pasadena, I am taking my GF truck there tomorrow to get the windows tinted
Thanks Man! Where's it located?
 

·
Deal Master
Joined
·
2,775 Posts
Let me know if you really want to sell it.
My uncle is looking for a used Tacoma if the price is right.

send me a pm
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top