TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!! I've had my 2000 X-Cab TRD 5spd for a few months now & I'm wondering how to find how much lift I have. I have fabtech 2.5" c/o in the front & aal in the rear w/fabtech shocks.I will add that my truck rides like crap!! Not bad at high speeds, but around town I should carry a kidney belt?? My tires are BFG Muds 265/75-16-The rear is about 1" higher than the front, which from from reading other posts seems to be normal. My question is more along the lines of where can I measure from to get a good # to compare my height to stock?? I want to see if I can raise my c/o any more to level the front out. I'm looking for stock height #s & where to measure, Thanks!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
well, you say its a shitty ride with that setup, then i suggest you dont raise the c/o in the front because the ride will be even worse.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You dont want to raise the front end anymore for a number of reasons.

1. Im not even sure those coilovers are adjustable any higher
2. Your ride will get even stiffer if they do go higher
3. Any higher than 2.5, and some people even think at 2.5, you will destroy CV's like crazy.

Your best bet is to either get a new leaf pack(Deavers or Alcans) with less lift to level it out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they are adjustable. I think I'm at about 1.5" , maybe 2". I think you guys are right about the rear leafs, I think the aal is the biggest problem with my harsh bouncy ride. I'd like to run 33"s when I wear these tires out, so I know I'll need a bit more lift. I may go with the Alcan or Allpro-just don't know what size-3" or 2.5"??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts