TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

·
Registered
37 Posts
you would have to figure the chuck rate of the individual woodchuck density of the wood and time of day and how much the woodchuck has eatin

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
Actually they have proven this to be about 15.67

·
Registered
464 Posts
They could knock down a tree in a hurry, I've seen them do it here in Montana.

Nevermind I am thinking rockchucks, they can really chew through the rocks.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
It depends on what you mean by chuck.
Down south chucking is throwing.
How big and strong is the woodchuck i.e. how tall, strong, arm length etc. You'll need to know that in order to figure out the initial velocity and height at the release point of the wood. Then you need to calculate the density i.e. mass of the wood involved as well as over all size as there are the aerodynamic drag coefficients to consider.
Of course there are slight variations in the gravitational field of the earth so that too would have to be added into the calculation along with current weather conditions i.e. direction of the toss along with wind direction and velocity figuring in temp, humidity and altitude figures that were used in the aerodynamic drag equations above.

What color is the woodchuck that we're talkin about here anyway? We do want to get this right don't we?

I know, lets apply for a study grant.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Dick Foster said:
I know, lets apply for a study grant.
:rofl: :rofl: I think I just pulled a muscle...

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Crash said:
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
hmm, it would depend on how much wood he/she (trying to be pc) had eaten and then how well digested said wood had become by the time the woodchuck chucked the wood which would now be more pulp than wood...depending, of course, on how long the digestion cycle was before the chuck commenced. :D

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ted said:
I wish the wood chuck would bite your head off, so I don't have to read this stuff. :D
Nobody made you click and read the thread. Or even post in it for that matter. So STFU you woodchuck hating bastard! :D :lmao:

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Listen, you ignorant, fucksticks! I want you all to chuck this eating bullshit right now because you're pissin me off!

Chuck has nothing to do with eating. Chuck means to throw or toss. How are we going to get to the bottom of this problem if you lamebrains don't even understand the question or know how to state the problem in the first place?

The first part of the question is "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck". Clearly chuck is the operative verb in the question. Now see below and let's all get this on the right track and begin again.

chuck1
–verb (used with object) 1. to toss; throw with a quick motion, usually a short distance.
2. Informal. to resign from; relinquish; give up: He's chucked his job.
3. to pat or tap lightly, as under the chin.
4. Informal. to eject (a person) from a public place (often fol. by out): They chucked him from the bar.
5. Slang. to vomit; upchuck.
–noun 6. a light pat or tap, as under the chin.
7. a toss or pitch; a short throw.
8. a sudden jerk or change in direction.
—Idiom9. chuck it, British Slang. stop it; shut up.
[Origin: 1575–85; orig. uncert.]

—Synonyms 1. fling, pitch, heave, hurl.

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source

chuck2
–noun
1. the cut of beef between the neck and the shoulder blade.
2. a block or log used as a chock.
3. Machinery. a. a device for centering and clamping work in a lathe or other machine tool.
b. a device for holding a drill bit.

–verb (used with object) 4. Machinery. to hold or secure with a chuck.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Listen, you ignorant, fucksticks! I want you all to chuck this eating bullshit right now because you're pissin me off!

Chuck has nothing to do with eating. Chuck means to throw or toss. How are we going to get to the bottom of this problem if you lamebrains don't even understand the question or know how to state the problem in the first place?

The first part of the question is "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck". Clearly chuck is the operative verb in the question. Now see below and let's all get this on the right track and begin again.

chuck1
–verb (used with object) 1. to toss; throw with a quick motion, usually a short distance.
2. Informal. to resign from; relinquish; give up: He's chucked his job.
3. to pat or tap lightly, as under the chin.
4. Informal. to eject (a person) from a public place (often fol. by out): They chucked him from the bar.
5. Slang. to vomit; upchuck.
–noun 6. a light pat or tap, as under the chin.
7. a toss or pitch; a short throw.
8. a sudden jerk or change in direction.
—Idiom9. chuck it, British Slang. stop it; shut up.
[Origin: 1575–85; orig. uncert.]

—Synonyms 1. fling, pitch, heave, hurl.

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source

chuck2
–noun
1. the cut of beef between the neck and the shoulder blade.
2. a block or log used as a chock.
3. Machinery. a. a device for centering and clamping work in a lathe or other machine tool.
b. a device for holding a drill bit.

–verb (used with object) 4. Machinery. to hold or secure with a chuck.
don't bitch at me! I had it right :p

1 - 20 of 59 Posts