TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid too much for my current truck and I wont overpay again. I found a local extended cab, supercharged v6 with roughly 60K miles.... It's in decent shape pretty clean, actually heres the listing.....

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=215754876&dealer_id=59318971&car_year=2001&model=TACOMA&num_records=25&make2=&start_year=2001&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=6+Cylinder&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&only_price=1&search_type=both&distance=100&make=TOYOTA&color=&min_price=&drive=4+wheel+drive&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=33413&advanced=y&only_photo=1&end_year=2004&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=28

I called him he said it's a TRD charger put on a while back (not dealer installed) he said it runs great, I still have to go see it in person. He said theres NO other mods, no fuel mods etc.... I asked him about pinging, he says he hasnt heard anything. It has new front brakes, and is pretty clean....

He's asking 16,250 I'm trying to be a smart consumer about this and not impulse buy like my last two cars...

·
Registered
764 Posts
i was thinking $13,000 when i was lookin at the autotrader ad. i think edmunds sounds about right.

·
Registered
947 Posts
If it helps, I sold an 02 just like that with 105K not long ago. It did not have a charger, but was double cab. I sold it for 14K. A buddy of mine had the same exact truck as my double cab, but it had 160K on it, he sold it for 12K. I sold a second gen charger for 1000. This truck is only an extended cab, but the milage is low, and it has a charger. Looks clean too. I would pay around 14K, with charger, and maybe 12,500 without. Just my opinion, and what I would pay if buying. The asking price is a little high I think.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
13 tops, with the charger. 14 if you are feeling splurgy.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Good price or not, I would keep looking for a Non-Supercharged truck, if I were you.

...and this is coming from a guy WITH a Supercharged truck, that has taken good care of it.

There are a lot of people out there who have not taken proper care, and don't have the proper knowlege to maintain a Supercharged truck. They just bolted on the charger, and hauled ass. You already know he hasn't run any fuel mods, and I guarantee he's played with his blower, and show off for his friends, etc, etc.

OF COURSE HE'S NEVER HEARD ANY PINGING - at least none that he's going to tell you about - He's trying to sell his truck!

If you want a Supercharged truck - find one that's still bone stock, and do all the work yourself, like I did, and then you can be certain that your truck's been taken care of, and isn't going to detonate 6 months after you buy it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Good post SAR, I kind of agree. There was a video here a while back, and the guy did burnouts until his tires melted away. Not only do you face the possibility of a bad charger, but the rest of the motor could be in bad shape. Nice point.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I sold my prerunner last year for 16000 it had 80K on the clock. The two key features of it were the fact it was a stepside and I had tires and wheels.. and it was an 01.. I had it parked in a HD lot and put a copy of KBB and also EDMUNDS in the window.. Sold in a day.. Only thing I can say for the charger is it was probably a novelty purchase and has worn off...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts