TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished having a square shaft fabbed up and I need to cut it to final length now. I've heard and read everything from 3-6 inches for compression. How much should I cut off?? I was thinking around 5" or so.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cut off how ever much you need to cut off?

It depends on extended/compressed lenths.
I know that is what I"m trying to figure out.. how much compression to leave myself with.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I know that is what I"m trying to figure out.. how much compression to leave myself with.
That depends on how much compression your front springs have, where your bump stops are (if you have any)

Best way...

remove all the leafs from the pass side leaf pack except for the main leaf, put a block of wood/metal/etc that = the thickness of the leafs you took out. Then jack up the pass side of the axle to where you want to bump out at... (bump stops hitting, etc.)

If you don't want to go through all that, you can ramp the pass side out compressing the springs and take a measurement. Then take a measurement of the pass side at full droop. that will be how far your front drive shaft travels, thus how much slip you need and how much to cut off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts