TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wonder at what degree a tacoma will flip... if u are talkin about ur own truck.. or one u have seen, please say tire size, lift, and terrain. thanks

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I would believe any truck surpassing a 45degree angle would be prone to tipn' over with ease! But I could be wrong..

now if you take into consideration with a rig that has upgraded suspension.. then I would think that it could go past that...

·
Registered
414 Posts
lol. There are so many different variables to this, that there will be no answer. I rolled my truck in a flat area. I had a 3" lift with 33" tires.

Oh yeah terrain = ruts.
Lateral velocity = approx 15 mph.

·
Registered
414 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
the area was not flat....in order to flip your truck the ground HAD to be uneven
I'm impressed that this actually came from you. Like I said...terrain = ruts.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea there are more varriables... which way u tires are facing... yadi yahh... just getting a feel

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I've been at 30 degrees on dry pavement. While I felt very uncomfortable at that angle, the truck "seemed" to feel rather stable. Now throw in some slick mud, and you got yourself a whole different ball game. This is in an 06 DblCab with 32s and a 3" lift.

I was talking to another guy and using some advanced mathmatics AFTER he found his COG, his driver's side rollover is somewhere around 52 degrees with an 05 AccessCab that has2.5" of lift and 33s.

Many different factors to figure out before you know where you're safe.

·
Registered
414 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
rutts=not flat :rolleyes:

The point that I was making, is that a rutted area can be completely void of an angled surface. It'd be the same as hitting a curb in a parking lot.

Soooooooo, I would argue that you could flop a truck at any angle if you get yourself into the wrong position.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
I have had my truck at near 40* ( I have an inclimoter installed on my dash) and as said before the seat was wedged between the ole butt cheeks. At the time I had 3" body and 3" spacer on 33x12.5x15 tires.

Now with it sased on 37" tires and about 12" of lift, I have been past 45*... but then again a verticle wall was holding me up by my front fender.:D

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I'm with you Bear, I've seen my inclinometer peg 45 but I was in a rut with the left side only..Didn't flop, but couldn't have been far away. IMHO, anything 30 and up doesn't feel that good, if you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
onekickkawi said:
i was just wonder at what degree a tacoma will flip... if u are talkin about ur own truck.. or one u have seen, please say tire size, lift, and terrain. thanks
There are too many variables to give you a good answer. You can be crawling along the side of a 30* slope and have a little bump put you over.

Generally, anything over 30 or 35 degrees is asking for trouble.

Not sure what was keeping me from flopping in this pic, but it just goes to show that the angle is only one variable in the equation.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
yup 30* is the most I like to see on the inclinomter, but I am normally too busy to actually look at the damn thing!

But I have been there what seems enough times that I don't have any cushion left on my seat springs!:DIt's all up my ass by then. Just been lucky I guess that I haven't pulled a "Bo"

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Hell! that is my typical angle hitting the exit ramps on the highway, but then again I don't have any sway bars on my truck and the clover leafs here have short approaches so you have to exit practically doing highway speed unless you want to get hit by entering traffic

Some of the stupidiest traffic engineers I have seen designed these roads in my parts of the woods!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts