TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten a fender (drivers side) and need tog get it painted. I got it through a buddies work (car lot) case u said he could get mea deal on one. Anyways it's primered right now and i want to get it painted white. I've called up i body shop they quoted me 220 just to paint the damn thing. I mean i could be off my rocker bt damn thats alot lol. Maybe it's not just wanting some infor from you guys on it.

I told them to go :jack:

·
---------------
3,569 Posts
You might be able to find it a bit cheaper, but my guess is that's probably pretty reasonable. Most of the cost is associated with the paint itself (buying and mixing, etc).

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh well damn lol i was thinkin nearer 100 or something, oh well i guess i'll just have to bite the bullet or something?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
White? That's pretty basic. It's primed already, so sand it smooth, coat it twice, sand it, coat it, sand it, then clearcoat it. Finish it off with a super-fine sanding and polishing.

two cans of white paint 10.00
two packs of wet-dry sandpaper 16.00
can of clearcoat 5.00
One weekend of drying and working the paint 0.00

Admiring your craftsmanship and thumbing your nose at the body shop - priceless.

edit: Just realized it may be more for color-matched cans, but not much more. If you have a garage, it can be done and match perfectly.

Otherwise, yeah, call around. That's normal, get several quotes and choose the best one :)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Just get a couple cans from paintscratch or the like and deal with it.
Shit, Maaco in TN will do a whole freakin truck for 500, less if its already sanded. Most of that is time taping, etc.
When you are calling around you should see what cost would be with it on the truck vs. in your hands with that in mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts