TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did you pay to get your taxes done? I got mine done last week and it is costing me 225. I have your basic deal, long form with a schedule A for itemizing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just trying to see if I got stiffed. This is the first time I used this accountant cause I wasn't real happy with my old one.

·
Registered
808 Posts
tacoman13 said:
I'm just trying to see if I got stiffed. This is the first time I used this accountant cause I wasn't real happy with my old one.
Prior to being married 5 years ago, I had another tax guy doing mine, he was $100 with standard itemized...I think $225 might be a little steep but not outrageous.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I do mine myself too. They make PDF Documents that you can download from the IRS Tax Sites and enter your shit into them and then print them out when you're done with the math and data entry on the form.

My returns are fairly simple though since I claim standard deduction still, and my investments aren't complicated enough to make it too chaotic.

Takes about an hour or an hour to an hour and a half combined total to do state and federal forms.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well I would not mind even paying someone 500 if he was going to get me some big bucks back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do my own taxes, my parent's taxes, and a half dozen or so friend's taxes. I charge my parents nothing, and my friends $100 each......unless you have a side business, are trying to hide a lot of money, or have some really complicated deductions, anything over $100 is pretty expensive, for personal tax preparation.

Now if you are self-employed, business owner w/ employees, that is a whole different ball game.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
H&R has an online thing for the military that is free, that's what we used. Did it three weeks ago, got the refund the other day.

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
$65 for me and the lady. In CA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts