TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. Looks like some folks need some stuff done. Troy and I are gonna have the HOW North open for work this Saturday starting at 10:00.

Layton already has dibs on a project and I think Ben (Sucka) needs to do a CV. I want to drop the engine in Tippy and get ti out of the way. (Need to see if I can do the oil pan this week - but am a little concerned about the oil lines that Doug mentioned to me)

Anyway you are welcome to come or at least stop by.

If you need our Addy PM me. :D

Also bring like 5 bucks and some beverages (soda or beer) I'll order Pizza, or if I have time make MollyFood(tm) - Oh and we'll be watching the K. Derby too for shizzle's and giggles!

·
7,735 Posts
I want to drop the engine in Tippy and get ti out of the way. (Need to see if I can do the oil pan this week - but am a little concerned about the oil lines that Doug mentioned to me)
Besides, I think I'm going to need that engine stand back in the next few weeks.

As for for the oil lines.. it's not the oil lines, it's the sump/pickup tube (FSM calls it a strainer)... I'm not sure if the 3.4 tubes can be remounted for the rear sump or if you need some from a t-100.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Either way, the pickup would be cake to change/install once the motor is in the truck. Since there is nothing under the pan.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'll be there, can't wait to meet the infamous tippy.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She isn't going anywhere... :D

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
In fact, shes still sitting in the same place she was EXACTLY a year ago, down to the very second! haha

Hopefully it'll be running/moving on its own power soon

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
man power, input hours are useless if you do not have the parts.

Not 100% sure where molly is at with the parts side of it, but from my understanding more still needs to be done.

·
20,355 Posts
yup, i think more parts still need to be gathered. I may give a call around 7 to see if there are still people down there. if there are i will head that way.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
In fact, shes still sitting in the same place she was EXACTLY a year ago, down to the very second! haha

Hopefully it'll be running/moving on its own power soon
Not exactly - she used to be facing the opposite direction. I think we have all the parts to get the engine IN the truck. We definitely need some help with the wiring aspect.

·
7,735 Posts
too many cooks in the kitchen won't get anything done any quicker... but I hear what you're saying..

As for changing the pickup after the motor is installed... she's switching to a rear dump pan because the axle is under it. should be enough room to work on it, but don't know that it would be cake compared to it sitting on a stand where you can flip it upside down.

Anyhow, I suppose she could pull the pickup, just put the t-100 pan in place then mount the motor later. I'm not sure if there's enough room with the front dump pan over the solid axle to do this after it's all mounted.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i will try and be there in the morning, but I have a CPR recertification class at 2pm in Golden.

if there is time, I need to repack my driver side leaf springs. a soldier is out of line.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts