TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982 Toyota 4x4. I plan to run 63" Chevys in the rear lift, and rears-up-front in the front lift, with crossover steering. I started on my sliders this weekend, and ran into a small problem. The bottom of my frame is only 1" lower than the bottom of the body. This made me look into body lifts. I only need 1" in order to clear the sliders, but should I go ahead with a 2" or 3" for any reason? The final tire size I want to run is 33"x14". One more thing. How much clearance should I leave between the sliders and body?

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
659 Posts
Chad-
33x14...damn that's a wide tire. I've owned 3 of the first gens and they all had 4" suspension and 3" body. My 83 was sporting 38's with that combo. I'm not sure how much lift the 63's and rears up front would give. I'm not a big fan of BL's but I think a 2" BL is a safe bet. This will give you more "room" to weld your sliders and you can start moving things up, i.e. the gas tank, etc. plus it gives you more room to get to the damn tranny bolts. :)

I would leave some space between the body and slider but not a ton. I think 1/2" to 3/4" is adequate.

Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I was thinking a 1" would be good, but then I started thinking about future plans. With the setup I mentioned, it should give me about a 3"-4" lift if I remeber correctly. I wasn't planning on any body lift, but is sure would make the bumper and slider fabrication easier.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I had 2" on my old '83; it was alot easier to deal with than 3" on those models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts