TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could be in the wrong forum but how the hell do you adjust the steering wheel? I want to turn it to the right a litttle.. I've never had to worry about it, just alignment.. I've had it aligned 2 times and they corected it the first time and messed with my steering wheel, so I took it to another dealer and had them re-align it and they said the alignment was good the steering wheel was off.. So when having the steering wheel dead straight it veers to the right how do I do it, is it easy or should I lett the ass holes do it again.?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Its part of the alignment procedure. They should do that as standard practice, but if not ask them to center the wheel when they do the alignment.

Sounds like you need to find a better alignment shop. Too many alignment shops these days have techs turning wrenches and watching the computer screen until it changes from red to green. There's more to an alignment then that.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
X2 the shop is full of BS. Have them do it right.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
This could be in the wrong forum but how the hell do you adjust the steering wheel? I want to turn it to the right a litttle.. I've never had to worry about it, just alignment.. I've had it aligned 2 times and they corected it the first time and messed with my steering wheel, so I took it to another dealer and had them re-align it and they said the alignment was good the steering wheel was off.. So when having the steering wheel dead straight it veers to the right how do I do it, is it easy or should I lett the ass holes do it again.?
uh, if the truck pulls to the right they screwed something up other than the steering wheel. Take it back to the dealer and make damn sure they don't try to charge you to fix it right.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You need to let them do it again. When they aligned mine, they put the steering wheel straight on, then adjusted both outer rie rod ends. You will not be able to do that yourself w/out messing up the alignment.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Too many alignment shops these days have techs turning wrenches and watching the computer screen until it changes from red to green. There's more to an alignment then that.
Its funny that you say this. This is EXACTLY what the Toyota tech did during my alignment. What worried me further was how much trouble he had and how long it took him to do this. It was like he would see the red and didn't know what to adjust, he looked lost. He blamed it on my (approximately) 2 inch lift. After I got my truck, I asked him how it aligned, and he said, "perfect".

Now I don't think that's the case. I should've asked for a printout of the specs.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright I sent and emial to toyota who forwarded it to the steealership where I brought it. I bitched them out lol And the dealership called them me up saying they were sorry and told me to bring it down.. Well I told them maybe friday or something.. Anyways I think while I was down there I got a nail in my tire rear passanger one, and it's leaking. I'm trying to get them to replace it for free idk if they will but i'd like them to..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Been there!! I learned the hard way from numerous sport suspension installs that you need to ask them to center the steering wheel and then do the alignment. If you dont specifically ask them to do that, they never look at the steering wheel so they always mess it up.

·
Registered
212 Posts
sounds like your toes is jacked

·
Registered
883 Posts
Alright I sent and emial to toyota who forwarded it to the steealership where I brought it. I bitched them out lol And the dealership called them me up saying they were sorry and told me to bring it down.. Well I told them maybe friday or something.. Anyways I think while I was down there I got a nail in my tire rear passanger one, and it's leaking. I'm trying to get them to replace it for free idk if they will but i'd like them to..
do you remember where you found the email address, because i need to rat out the dealership i bought myne at. their not giving me a free oil change or anything, every other one in town does.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you remember where you found the email address, because i need to rat out the dealership i bought myne at. their not giving me a free oil change or anything, every other one in town does.
Just went to contact toyota on their website... And sent it to them somewhere there when I get home I'll look on my website if it's still on there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts