TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hye guys, I am really close to getting my car up and running, but I won't make the deadline of nov 1st for the emissions, so I am wondering if anyone has any information on any way around this. I am in Larimer county and would be willing to drive anywhere to register if I could get exempt from them, otherwise I don't know what I am going to do. BTW the car is a 700whp with a 4" open exhaust so a legitimate pass is out of the question. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Put stock motor in and test...then swap? Some dyno time and a cat?

·
Registered
430 Posts
go

Good news I talked extensive to a lady a mvd there is gonna be no way for them to individualy test the cars. So if you noticed all the trucks emmisio. Testing on the highway she told me that when your test is due you will be able to drive past 2 of those trucks on the same day and call in for your test result. So as long as it passes tail pipe you will he fine ... so lean the shit outta it and drive by normal and you should be fine

·
7,735 Posts
That is good news. Having lived in CA, I was pretty nervous about how they were going to implement the emissions testing here.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys guys. Engine swap is a no go, but I think I forund a solution, I am going to register in summit county due to no emissions up there and my buddy had a place up there so I can send the mail there, and hopfully get away with it. here is the motor so you can see how much work it would be every year to swap over.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
That is good news!!! I was just talking to a buddy of mine about it and i was telling him back in the day with my 650hp gti I used to speed up before them and then coast by. I see em on the on ramps now but that wont be an issue with 750whp.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I live in Clear Creek. What the hell are you talking about?:p

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Move to a county without them. :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
sorry to get off topic but that's a sick Honda buddy! Any more photos?:p

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry to get off topic but that's a sick Honda buddy! Any more photos?:p
No worries, I found my answer so it's all open now. I dont have any good up to date ones but a few little things have changed like wheel offset and no vortex generators on the window, but here are a few more.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahaha, I have one set, but I have yet to break an axle, I know how to preload and launch real well and am still running the stock axles.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With the slicks it rubs bad turning, but not bad for just making passes. I want to fit a large drag radial up front for the streets but the funds are low and I just want to drive it.

·
20,355 Posts
He did it like you did for the most part. No huge patch pannel, but used the existing sheet as much as he could.

·
Registered
821 Posts
They have emissions up there now?
No, I was trying to be a smart ass. Sorry. It is nice that I don't have to worry about my CEL being on all the time though.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nothing personal against anyone or anything in this thread, but this seems like the sort of thing we don't really want on the boards; a direct and open discussion about how to break or circumvent a law, even conveniently labeled in the subject. Regardless of whether you agree with said law or how stupid it might be, to me it doesn't really seem any different than posting pics or talking about off-trail wheeling or gate crashing. Just my :2cents:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts