TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm about to install new coilover assembly into my '02 tacoma 4x. at full droop on the a-arms does the coilover assembly come fully unloaded, or do i need a spring compressor?

thanks

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
To remove the entire coil pack from the truck, you can do it at full droop and feel safe removing it as an entire unit.

But when you go to install a spacer or change the shock you will need a coil compressor to disassemble the pack.

I would not mess with the rental compressors you can get from places like Auto zone and such. If you can not gain access to an hydrolic coil compressor, you can find a local shop such as a firestone tire store or the likes and they will take them apart for you for a small fee. I have seen prices range from $10 up to $40's so you may want to shop around.

·
Banned
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have my own hydraulic compressor, ITEM 47890-2VGA from harborfreight, works very well.

thanks for the info, i'm now just waiting for my OME 881's to arrive.

Bear said:
To remove the entire coil pack from the truck, you can do it at full droop and feel safe removing it as an entire unit.

But when you go to install a spacer or change the shock you will need a coil compressor to disassemble the pack.

I would not mess with the rental compressors you can get from places like Auto zone and such. If you can not gain access to an hydrolic coil compressor, you can find a local shop such as a firestone tire store or the likes and they will take them apart for you for a small fee. I have seen prices range from $10 up to $40's so you may want to shop around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts