TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a parts truck that's basically down to its frame, some sheet metal and some odds and ends. Wife wants it gone....go figure. What do you guys do when you don't have the title? Most of the salvage yards around here require it. I have a place a few hours away I can dump it (my land) but would rather not. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Chop it up and sell the metal bits for scrap. A saws all should help a lot unless you have a gas axe which is likely faster.

I have a parts truck that's basically down to its frame, some sheet metal and some odds and ends. Wife wants it gone....go figure. What do you guys do when you don't have the title? Most of the salvage yards around here require it. I have a place a few hours away I can dump it (my land) but would rather not. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Make a trailer out of it? Does the wife like camping?

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Chop it up and sell the metal bits for scrap. A saws all should help a lot unless you have a gas axe which is likely faster.
that's what we did to Mike's wreck...:p

·
Registered
201 Posts
I guess a little late now but another option could be donate it to Goodwill or some other charity. Claim full value for a tax deduction even though it'll still be goin to the scrapper.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Don't know why that mattered either unless they reported it stolen or some shit. The damage had already been done already. God knows what that little escapade cost him but I know it was a lot. I guess he got a wife out of the deal though and now some kids too so it wasn't all for nothing. It seems that whole bunch doesn't do anything but change diapers to keep them occupied these days. I guess they still have their rigs but they aren't wheeling them anymore. I guess they're hauling groceries with them or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
Dick Foster
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing