TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a couple days ago I had my sick dog in my truck and the poor guy shit all over the passenger seat. I've tried a couple carpet cleaners and febreezed the hell out of it but there is still a smell. Anybody got any ideas or know what works best for getting the smell out of my truck? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
steam clean the seat...force dry it....repeat a few times then find a carpet cleaning/water damage supply place....find a fabric cleaner by a company called unsmoke. that should do the trick. MAKE SURE YOU FORCE DRY IT! it will mildew badley if you dont...you can rent an "airmover" for cheap from home depot and similar stores.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
if all else fails you can "FOG" the cab with a rented machine from said supply store. fogging is not recomended in such a small area but it will penetrate the seat and everthing else.
make sure you force dry after fogging also.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Smoke or have someone smoke a cigar or weed in your truck. I dont smoke the green stuff but I like the smell.

Or tub your firewall and weld it back together. It'll have a pleasant burnt metal smell to it for a week or two.

For a longterm solution I guess Id follow the others advice. :2cents:
:D

·
Registered
650 Posts
Honestly, you need to take the seat apart.

Wash the seat cloth parts in your washing machine with cold water on delicate and let them air dry. You can buy the foam bottom piece from the dealer and replace that.

Fabreze doesn't get rid of the poop, it only covers it up until it's disturbed, then it stinks again. :cool:

Don't ask me how I know this. :cool:

Brian

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
use Puckerfactors suggestion in conjunction to charcoal!

Charcoal will absorb the oder, takes a while but will work. also can use Arm &Hammer baking soda. but again both methods will take a while to fully remove the smell.

Place the charcoal under the seats on a piece of newspaper Ground up pieces or smaller chunks work best. If you use the baking soda, just sprinkel the entire box in the carpet, after a week or two, take to a car wash and vacum the carpet to get baking soda out. Repeat as needed.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Honestly, you need to take the seat apart.

Wash the seat cloth parts in your washing machine with cold water on delicate and let them air dry. You can buy the foam bottom piece from the dealer and replace that.

Fabreze doesn't get rid of the poop, it only covers it up until it's disturbed, then it stinks again. :cool:

Don't ask me how I know this. :cool:

Brian
I believe this is the only solution.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: just reading the title and I was laughing....try simple green.

Hey guys, a couple days ago I had my sick dog in my truck and the poor guy shit all over the passenger seat. I've tried a couple carpet cleaners and febreezed the hell out of it but there is still a smell. Anybody got any ideas or know what works best for getting the smell out of my truck? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
make sure to hit your headliner with febreeze as well, i know a lot of smoke gets stuck up there and people forget to do it. Maybe the dog smell found its way there as well?

·
Registered
597 Posts
well if you were every thinkin about upgrading your seats to more comfy ones(i hate the tacoma buckets seats on long trips) now might be a good time :lmao:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just have your wife/girlfriend sit on it, the smell will go away. Just dont letem know about the dog poop.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Have a cat Pi$$ inside and now you can say you where trying to get rid of a sticking pu$$y from your truck

·
Registered
741 Posts
was it solid, or a nasty liquid, because the liquid probably will never fully come out, because of all the waste and bacteria, the smell is bad, but leave something dead in your car in the hot sun for 6 days, and that smells horrible, not me, my friend.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Try PETCO or Pet Smart. They have cleaners designed for this.
If the crap got into the foam cushon it will have to be replaced...ain't nuthin that will get that stuff out of the foam and not tear up the foam.
replacement cushons are not that expensive.

·
Registered
320 Posts
was it solid, or a nasty liquid, because the liquid probably will never fully come out, because of all the waste and bacteria, the smell is bad, but leave something dead in your car in the hot sun for 6 days, and that smells horrible, not me, my friend.
The nasty liquid is the worst. Gosh! just the thought of it makes me sick already.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'd call an upholstry shop and get a quote on disassembling/reassembling the seat. Have it taken apart, wash everything several times, dry completely and reassemble. I've tried to work on seats and I can never get them right, but a pro makes it look easy. Or start looking for a replacement seat.

Good luck, and hope the dog's OK.

·
Registered
34 Posts
my dog did the same thing and it stunk bad. so the next day i took a shit on the same seat and now it does not smell like dog shit.

just kidding dude, for some reason i'm thinking WD40 does all kind of wonders i dont think i would hurt to try, start with a small spot on the side of the seat to see if it turns colors.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts