TTORA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
just kidding dude, for some reason i'm thinking WD40 does all kind of wonders i dont think i would hurt to try, start with a small spot on the side of the seat to see if it turns colors.

Well first off, funrunner91 is an idiot. Second off, my vet sold us some carpet cleaner for $9.99 that took a week old dog stain out of my new carpet. I have no idea what it is called, but I am sure any vet can give you some ideas.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Hey guys, a couple days ago I had my sick dog in my truck and the poor guy shit all over the passenger seat. I've tried a couple carpet cleaners and febreezed the hell out of it but there is still a smell. Anybody got any ideas or know what works best for getting the smell out of my truck? Thanks.
DONT MASK THE ODORS!
Nature's Miracle

this stuff works/kicks ass! my dog loves smelling like dead fish.

·
Registered
230 Posts
well i never tried it on dog shit but i always had good luck with this foaming shit called "Tuff Stuff" i figure it might be worth a try since its only a couple bucks at like wal-mart or something... goodluck

·
Registered
70 Posts
once you've done all the cleaning you might wanna try keeping a small box open of bounce dryer sheets in your truck. this really help keep oders away.
good luck

·
Registered
398 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: just reading the title and I was laughing....try simple green.
that makes two of us.

i would take apart the seat and/or steam clean the crap out of it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks guys for all of the advice. This morning I had some time finally so I took my seat out and steam cleaned the hell out of it and put a little more febreeze on and the smell is gone. I seem to smell a little still but nobody else can, I think it is all in my head. If nobody else can smell it, then it must be alright. That steam cleaning did an awesome job. The seats are a lot cleaner now also! :)
Hopefully I don't have to deal with this shit anymore, but if I do, then I'll give that natures miracle a try...I've heard good things about that stuff.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Make sure you crack the windows open and to keep good air circulation. I would keep a light coat of baking soda on the seat also to absorb the balance of stink.

The true test will be your on your next hot day in the sun with the windows rolled up!

If that doesn't work, you might be able to get an ozonator to get rid of the smell. Not sure who rents them, but most hotels use them to get rid of smoke smells from the hotel rooms.

df

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Alright, waaaaay back when I was a detailer at a *cough* Subaru *cough* dealership, I occasionally came across trade-ins/wholesale cars that were smoked/or partied way too hard in and had a bit of a funk despite being fairly clean. There is a product called Terminator that can and will wipe out just about any fucked up smell in a car. Like some fat fuck that delivered newspapers for a living with his 2 dachshunds that managed to shit only on the Weathertech floor mats, but still leave a smell...

PRO® Aerosol Odor Terminator works two ways to eliminate all types of malodors. As a total release aerosol bomb and as a hand held aerosol to be sprayed as needed. Eliminates odors caused by: fire, smoke, vomit, urine, feces, skunks, fish, pets, cooking, mildew, decay, garbage, sewer, etc..
http://www.prowax.com/odor_terminator.shtml

·
Registered
444 Posts
tupperware suggests stuffing newspapers in their product to absorb smell/odor left behind from leftovers. i've been told the newspaper trick absorbs all kinds of odors on all kinds of stuff.

try leaving a stack of newspapers on your seat for a day or two if the smell comes back... it's free and easy, so if it does not work, you lose nothing :eek:

·
Registered
682 Posts
tupperware suggests stuffing newspapers in their product to absorb smell/odor left behind from leftovers. i've been told the newspaper trick absorbs all kinds of odors on all kinds of stuff.

try leaving a stack of newspapers on your seat for a day or two if the smell comes back... it's free and easy, so if it does not work, you lose nothing :eek:
Uhh... newspaper works great for cleaning glass, but I'm not very convinced that it absorbs THAT much smell. But what hell give it a shot. Just be sure that the you use the b&w sections and not the color.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
PRO® Aerosol Odor Terminator works two ways to eliminate all types of malodors. As a total release aerosol bomb and as a hand held aerosol to be sprayed as needed. Eliminates odors caused by: fire, smoke, vomit, urine, feces, skunks, fish, pets, cooking, mildew, decay, garbage, sewer, etc..
http://www.prowax.com/odor_terminator.shtml
Old thread I know, but I searched :flipoff4:
Can anyone else vouch for this product? I googled a couple of the air movers and shit that are mentioned in this page but I can't find anywhere to rent one from or understand how something used for carpet drying is supposed to take out odor. I'd be all for something like an air mover but can't find shit through google. Maybe it's just cause I'm on the iPhone..

Anyway. I have successfully quit smoking cigarettes (been about 2 weeks, and about 1.5 weeks without nicotine suplements, yay go me woo!! ) and the past few mornings getting into my truck I have noticed a god awful stench of old stale smoke that makes me want to gag. I'll check the yellow pages later, but can anyone offer up some good suggestions on getting this smell out of here?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
the guy i bought my truck from smoked like crazy. when i got it i strayed that bitch down with febreez(the the whole bottle) everything was soaked. i left the doors open to let it dry and u would never know someone smoked in it at all. amazed me

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Old thread I know, but I searched :flipoff4:
Can anyone else vouch for this product? I googled a couple of the air movers and shit that are mentioned in this page but I can't find anywhere to rent one from or understand how something used for carpet drying is supposed to take out odor. I'd be all for something like an air mover but can't find shit through google. Maybe it's just cause I'm on the iPhone..

Anyway. I have successfully quit smoking cigarettes (been about 2 weeks, and about 1.5 weeks without nicotine suplements, yay go me woo!! ) and the past few mornings getting into my truck I have noticed a god awful stench of old stale smoke that makes me want to gag. I'll check the yellow pages later, but can anyone offer up some good suggestions on getting this smell out of here?

Thanks guys
sell the truck.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
sell the truck.
I'd like to at least try something to remedy the smell before I go that far. Worst case I'll replace the carpet floor with vinyl, put some new more comfortable buckets in and replace the headliner and rear cab liner. My dad found some stuff he has used back in the day when he worked at a car dealership, I'm gonna try that first and go from there..

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
I'd like to at least try something to remedy the smell before I go that far. Worst case I'll replace the carpet floor with vinyl, put some new more comfortable buckets in and replace the headliner and rear cab liner. My dad found some stuff he has used back in the day when he worked at a car dealership, I'm gonna try that first and go from there..
(joke alert....:p)

Fabreeze really does work.
pull the carpet and hose it down, top/bottom with fabreeze and let it air dry.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dr. Ickypoo is the best thing that works. It is for pets and there is somekind of backertia inside the chemical that break down dog shit and urine. I had it done before and worked like a charm.

che

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
did you read? hes trying to get out smoke. im pretty sure the dog shit smell has been taken care of for awhile

21 - 40 of 48 Posts