TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you suggest handling a dispute with another board member over "not getting services I paid for" type of thing?

·
20,355 Posts
First step would be to try and get the issue resolve with them through PM.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. We talk continuously but the work isn't getting done. He has his money and I get excuses. An acceptable timeframe has come and gone.

·
20,355 Posts
If that is the case bringing the issue public may or may not help resolve the issue. There really is nothing that the board can do to help other than peer pressure and future lost sales but often that is enough.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not looking to make anything public or drag anyones name through the mud. Just looking for advice on how other people may have handled similar situations.

·
7,735 Posts
I really haven't had a problem yet. But from what I've seen on the National board and others, it's the above. Start by contacting the seller/vendor and trying to handle it privately. If that fails, then they bring it public and basically say "stay away from john doe, he screwed me over".

This gives both parties a chance to state their case and others can make a decision whether or not to deal with that person in the future. If the "public" feels you were in the right, they can weigh in with their thoughts (peer pressure) or, conversely tell you you have the wrong expectations. In addition, it gives others a heads up on issues with that particular seller/vendor/etc so they know what to expect.

Check this thread for examples: http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2367

Also: http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173194

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Lastly is this a true vendor or just a 3rd party. There may be a difference in how you handle them. (A True Vendor will probably care a lot more about negative feed-back, obviously). Also depending on how much money is tied up in this, small claims court might be another avenue.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I think I know what this is reguarding. A 3rz swap? if it is, engine swaps do take a large amount of time. Unforseen issues can draw out timeframes way beyond what is intended. I just finished a 3.4 swap that should have taken 2 months tops, it took 6. This is one reason I don't take money up fron also.

If they are stumped on a part of the swap and need help have them give me a call.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I dunno the circumstances but I wouldn't pay for labor before the work is done. Otherwise things like this this are gauranteed to happen. He might be a good guy, but without motivation for money, your project is not going to be a priority. Parts - yes, labor - no (ok, maybe a deposit).

I do contracting as much as I can and I just built a small machine for a guy. I gave an estimate and then got a very small deposit to do the design. He has given me all the money for the parts which I've used to build it. When I deliver the device, he will pay me what's due for my time. It's in my best interest to get this done so I can get paid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts