TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a quick question searched and didnt find the answer i was looking for:

i have the deaver 8 leaf pack and i have donahoe coilover and burg uppers in the front...i want to know 2 things

first is will the 7 leaf pack lower the rear at all?

second is should i just add a bunch of weight in order to lower the rear or what are my other options i cant stand the rear being higher than the front and i dont want to crank the coilover any higher.

thanks in advance for the help

chris

·
Registered
456 Posts
Dude, I can totally help you out. You want a lower rear and I want a set of Deaver 8 leaves. SO why don't we just switch our junk and we will both be happy. I have a nice set of saggy 03 stockers I'd be willing to trade even Steven,

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

and you can get a shit load done around the house....;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
If your springs are new, give it some time, they will settle and sag a little. Adding some weight in the back to break them in will help also.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yah i figured weight would be the best because the springs are not new only problem is i have a tonnau cover so i cant put a tool box back there. thanks for the help though guys

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
first is will the 7 leaf pack lower the rear at all?

second is should i just add a bunch of weight in order to lower the rear
yes and yes if (if the springs are new they will settle[they settle faster with weight]. if they are not new then no)

trade someone for a 7 leaf or pull a leaf out of your pack

i have a 7 leaf pack on my truck if you would be interested in trading

·
Registered
393 Posts
deaver can re-arch your pack and make it any height, stiffness you want($150-$200).

The most the 8 leaf will settle is to give you an even ride height. I have my COs cranked pretty high, and my 8 leafs are settled, and i have barely an even height. Might still be a little higher in rear.

·
Registered
75 Posts
if you dont wanna get a new leaf pack, and you dont want to add the weight, depending on how far you have gone into building the truck, look into or make your own shackles that are smaller than stock. im assuming that you have a built truck with aftermarket shackles and such so that is what im gunna go off of.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they are stock shackles so i was thinking of doing that also but i was curious how much of a difference will the 7 pack make in height?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
heres how much lift a 7 pack gives once settled

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
did you keep your overload leaf in?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
The deaver replacement packs do not come with an overload spring.
i have a friend who kept the stock overload leaf in along with his deaver pack...

·
Registered
393 Posts
where can one get shackles that are smaller than stock?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
all right guy bout a stock leaf pack and thinking of doing the 3 leaf replacement pack for it. how much lift do you think this will give me. also does anyone have a spanner wrench that i can borrow to lower my coilovers? i will take a pic tonight or tommorow so we can determine the amount of lift in the front.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts