TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm doing a bunch of the DIY mods today, and while I've got my gauges ripped out I was curious if anyone knows a way to make the 110volt bed outlet always on? Basically I don't want it to turn off when I push the clutch in (I'm not interested in it working when the truck is off). I couldn't find anything when searching. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
ha.... good question. I'm not sure how to do it but I know someone posted something a while back on how to do it on an automatic. I'm sure the same thing applies to the 6spds as well. I'm gonna see if I can find it!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Could you jumper the relay? I jumpered the relay for the 12v power outlets in the cab with a piece of wire and two spade connectors. Now my 12v outlets are on all the time. I don't know how the relay is setup for the 110v outlet. If there are two relays, one for the dash switch and one for the ECU, you could jumper the ECU relay so it was always on.

Just a thought, I really don't know what the hell I am talking about. And I realize that you weren't interested in having it on when the truck was turned off, but this seems like the easiest solution to me...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you jumper the relay? I jumpered the relay for the 12v power outlets in the cab with a piece of wire and two spade connectors. Now my 12v outlets are on all the time. I don't know how the relay is setup for the 110v outlet. If there are two relays, one for the dash switch and one for the ECU, you could jumper the ECU relay so it was always on.

Just a thought, I really don't know what the hell I am talking about. And I realize that you weren't interested in having it on when the truck was turned off, but this seems like the easiest solution to me...

I had originally thought it would be that simple, but it turns out it's not. Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
how does it know when you push the clutch in? Does that mean there is a switch at the clutch? Maybe find that and fiddle with it so it doesnt know when you push the clutch in. It would then stay on. I havent really looked down there for it, i might now though. Is it the same thing that turns off the Cruise control when you push the clutch?

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
All the time? Better start buying batteries now becasue you're gonna be needing them. Better make it deep cycle batteries at about $170 a pop too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts