TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking all over for a decent deal with out getting screwed and not knowing it till the first payment haha. Anyways I've gotten a decent offer on a truck, So i'm told. It's price is 27000, that includes the 500 instant rebate.

2007 tacoma, 4 door, 4x4, TRDoffroad, 6-speed, short bed, speedway blue,

He's taking 11,500 for my truck as it sits right now and after it all comes down to it i'm going to be having to pay the difference of 16,700 (otd)+ or - 100.... I think he added some B.S. 200 Into there for some kind of documentation thing. (I didn't add that becuase I think I can get that crap off there) But i'm wanting to spent no more then 16000.. I've read all the posts about getting good deals and searched a lot too on here. I've called a few places around to try and get some quotes from them in paper and over the e-mail of a little less than he offered, and then showing it to him and seeing if he'll dropp down any. but any good REASONABLE ideas on how to get this to happen thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
I've had pretty good luck vechicle shopping towards the end of the month when sales people are trying to meet goals. I guess it depends on how much demand there is for those rigs. Getting up and walking out can sometimes get you another $500 off the price.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
what are the specs of your rig? Miles, condition, and stuff??? I may be interested. Where are you located?

please PM me

·
Registered
414 Posts
$500 should be simple. The problem with negotiating in deals like this, is that neither party knows where the other one wants to be. If you just make it clear that all you want is another $500 off the price, then get up and walk out, they'll probably do it. $500 is pretty easy to swing, even on a new vehicle. Good luck.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Best way I know of after haggling down to their "rock bottom" price is to cut the finance man out of the deal. Bring cash or a check for the difference....all the bullsh*t ends there. If they don't come to terms over just a few hundred more off, walk away. Odds are you'll have a message waiting on your machine when you get home.

On the other hand, at $27.5K you're getting pretty close to the bone. My buddy got the identical truck except his was an automatic for $29,137 out the door, all taxes, tag, etc. included. It has everything but the electric hole in the roof, luggage rack, and leather.

If the $27.5K is out the door, I'd guess you've already hit bone but it never hurts to cut them deeper.

Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thats easy...Tell them your final price that you are willing to pay and if they cannot meet your offer then go somewhere else. I ran into this problem before and I shopped around for the bottom price and went to the last dealer and told them what prices I have been quoted for this 06 Tacoma and if they could beat it by at least $500 then I would sign and drive today. You have to use key words/phrases like "I will sign and drive today" or "sell me this truck for this price and I will take it off your hands". But I would tell this numb-nut that this $500 is going to make or break a deal and if they still dont budge then tell the sales manager that they just lost a sale over $500. After all they do get kick backs and factory incentives to move X number of vehicles I dont care what they say, they get kick backs. And I will say this, if the deal does not go down right then and there, they will call you in a day or two especially towards the end of the month. MARK MY WORDS on that one!!! Good Luck and happy Taco Hunting :)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm prolly going to go down there friday or saturday and if i'm 100% sure about getting one i'll bring me some cash to make up the difference with. The most i'm wanting to go is 16,000 difference (it's at about 16700 now), so I'm just going to say look, I'll give you 15800 cash right not you can take it or leave it... You know the guy will say oh no I can't do that, I'll get fiered... or he'll either say 16300... which i'll then do the walk out move or try to talk to him nicly and get him down as low as possible lol.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Than again, its only $9.00-$10.00 per month or so difference if he does not come down. I would walk in most cases, but if you feel its a good deal, I would not let 500 difference get in the way. If you are paying some crazy int rate, then I would..

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True... I've been told that thats a pretty good deal on the truck though..... it's msrp is 29,6XX... and giving me 11,500 for my truck and trading in saves me 800 on taxes and I get a 500 rebate so It's kinda like 12,800 for my truck but got got to add in the taxes and stuff.... Everywhere I talk to is around the 27K to higher.... he's 500 above the lowest one which was in Birmingham Alabama... I'm just going to be pissed if I see a good ass deal about a week after I brought my truck lol.....for about 1,000 less or something.

·
Registered
947 Posts
bigbadyoda said:
I'm just going to be pissed if I see a good ass deal about a week after I brought my truck lol.....for about 1,000 less or something.
Its going to happen no matter what. It might not be the next week, but it will. I just do what feels right for me, and do not worry about others. There are too many variables involved to freak out when you see someone 1500 miles away paid 1000 less than you.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
idk really about that far with 100 miles maybe lol oh well I'd have to live with it though... oh do the new tacoma's with the off road package come with a temp gauge inside anywhere? I can't remember??

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Go tell them you rnot paying more than 16000. If they dont come down walk out. If they ask you if your going to walk on a deal over a few hundered, turn and ask them if there going to miss a sell for the same few hundered.

·
Registered
606 Posts
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4WD Double 128 V6 MT (SE) Invoice-$22,328 MSRP-$24,635
Options & Packages
TRD OFF-ROAD PKG #1
-inc: chrome grille surround & rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper & overfenders, metallic tone I/P, upgrade fabric, leather-wrapped steering wheel & shift knob, variable speed wiper, sunvisors w/mirrors & extensions, remote keyless entry, cruise control, sliding rear window w/privacy glass, sport seats w/drivers seat lumbar support, off-road suspension, Bilsteins shock absorbers, 16" aluminum wheels, P265/70R16 tires, locking rear differential, 115V/400W deck mounted pwr point, fog lamps, engine & transfer skid plate
Manufacturer Code: OC Invoice-$2,445 MSRP-$3,045
TOWING PKG
-inc: class 4 hitch, supplemental oil cooler, HD battery, 130-amp alternator, 7-pin connector w/converter
Manufacturer Code: TO-A Invoice-$520 MSRP-$650
Destination
Fees & Surcharges Invoice-$695 MSRP-$695
Total Invoice-$25,988 MSRP-$29,025

If you can get it for 27k and it's MSRP is 29, I'd go for it. Pretty unlikely they'll give you the invoice price for it. But not completely out of the question. I've got a friend that bought a new Tacoma in 05. Dbl Cab, SR5, Tow Package, TRD Off Road Prerunner. The sticker price was 24K, he printed off the KBB price with the exact options that truck had and the price only came out to around 21K, dealer matched it and he bought the truck.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If you are that concerned with $500 bucks why don't you buy a slightly used vehicle. There is a bottom line and if you talk them down to it and want another $500 you are gonna walk out. Good luck.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Supramann93 said:
If you are that concerned with $500 bucks why don't you buy a slightly used vehicle. There is a bottom line and if you talk them down to it and want another $500 you are gonna walk out. Good luck.
Concur. $500.00 really isn't much differential to bitch about. Especially if you finance it over the span of 36-60mo. If you're that hard up for $500 then you're probably buying too expensive of a truck. Don't get me wrong, I can be a cheap and frugal SOB myself. But my time is too valuable to shop around and haggle with every single Toyota dealer in my region. Life is too short for that shit.

·
Registered
947 Posts
KANEMAN23 said:
Concur. $500.00 really isn't much differential to bitch about. Especially if you finance it over the span of 36-60mo. If you're that hard up for $500 then you're probably buying too expensive of a truck. Don't get me wrong, I can be a cheap and frugal SOB myself. But my time is too valuable to shop around and haggle with every single Toyota dealer in my region. Life is too short for that shit.
Thats why I posted what I did. I figure it would take me another 60 minutes of my time to get them down. I would rather pay 9.00 per month extra for 60 mo's, (or basically 9 bucks per minute) to not hear some jerk off try to jerk me around.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
tell them that you only want to pay 15000 out the door. if they want your business they will deal and then i just saved you 1500 bucks instead of 500 lol. dont be impatient. if you make it clear that if they dont want to deal with you that you will find someone that will then they will usually jump on it. trust me lol

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Have you checked to see what THEY paid for the truck? if you haven't.... do so now. Once you figure that out, you have all the amo you need. Give them a some profit, say 300-500, and everyone is happy. If you have a costco/AAA/sams club go to their websites and find a dealer in your area that will take a discount with one. I got ~2000 of the price of the 07 tundra, and was still able to haggle them down to $500 over invoice. They came down another 700 after the costco discount.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Tell them you want to see the invoice and you'll pay $500 over invoice. Period. It's a lot easier than it sounds. You always work up from the invoice not down from the sticker. I've purchased a lot of vehicles, both new and used. This tactic has worked everytime thus far. I've actually paid as little as $300 over COST...they weren't happy about that one. It's a little more difficult with used vehicles because they'll usually make up a cost for the vehicle, whereas on a new vehicle, if you ask for the invoice...they can't lie about it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
22 Participants
purity
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing