TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2005 Double Cab with the in bed 100w/400w inverter. Is there any way to rig it to be on all the time at the 400w capacity without the key or the motor running. I'm not worried about a dead battery as I can always get a jump. I'd just like to be able to run a few things in peace and quiet at night without leaving the keys in the ignition. I'm sure that somewhere on here is a write up, but I've been unable to locate it. Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
id try to find the wire that goes to the inverter and wire straight to ur battery. u probably should be prepared to kill quite a few batterys

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
harpenc said:
id try to find the wire that goes to the inverter and wire straight to ur battery. u probably should be prepared to kill quite a few batterys
The inverter should shut itself down when the voltage get's too low to operate... whether there's enough left in the battery to start the vehicle...?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'd start by looking in the fuse box for a relay marked "inverter". Then ask the electrically smart guys here how to bypass it like the "full time outlet" mod does for the older trucks.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i dotn think its a good idea, inverters kill batterys quite quickly... and without it running is going to be bd... one full discharge is enough to kill a battery.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts