TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took my truck to the beach and got it a little dirty. it has been about 3 weeks now and my truck sqeaks everytime i stop or when someone is gettign into my truck. Is there a way to fix this to make it stop?:confused:

·
Registered
64 Posts
mine was squeaky too, after a beach trip and some wheeling. took it to the car wash and sprayed my shackles, in between my leaves, and this seemed to fix the sqeak.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
wd-40. or my fav is prolong, it works miracles!!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Take the truck to the DIY car wash and use the high-pressure spray to spray out your shackles, bushings, leaf springs, and other joints. Hose them down with WD40. Make sure you don't get it on your brakes.
Repeat after each wet or muddy trip.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
if you have access to it, try to use a heated pressure washer, they work miracles, and help with grease too...
but instead of using wd40, ide use prolong, wd has a solvant base, which allows rust to reaccure, prolong uses an oil base, wich wont allow rust as ong as you keep it well lubed

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
WTF does these mean?
Here's a link to help you understand why:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70383
fine then, i hate english teachers for this reason, you need to go back to your school, where you work and bitch there about spelling, if you can read it, its fine :stfu: :xmoon: :flipoff2: :flipoff4: :asshat: :flipoff1:

check this out if you want ass, im just trying to help, so if you dont want it :flipoff3: http://www.prolong.com/Main.aspx

but sorry guys you cant :jack: with it

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Screw oils.

Use some grease. Do it once, do it right, and forget about it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
just blow it off, find out where the squeaks are coming from, and like Norcal said, grease it up

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
could it be the shocks? I will try to sray down everything again
Definately. Could also be your leaf spring bushings. Those have a tendency to rust on there. When you go to take off your leafs to lift or replace, you are fubared.

Just start greasing anything that has rubber/metal, metal/metal and plastic to metal contact that moves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts