TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject says it all.

How do you remove the light for the ashtray in a 2000 Tacoma? I've gotten a Cobra 19 CB that I want to mount in there and I was trying to take out the ashtray bracket but I can't disconnect the light. I tried twisting the plug around and pulling on it but nothing works.

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
redrum said:
Subject says it all.

How do you remove the light for the ashtray in a 2000 Tacoma? I've gotten a Cobra 19 CB that I want to mount in there and I was trying to take out the ashtray bracket but I can't disconnect the light. I tried twisting the plug around and pulling on it but nothing works.

Anyone?
:saw: ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just cut the whole plug off. seems to do the trick :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on, there has to be a way to replace that tiny little bulb/light.

Me, two small wire nuts and some wire cutters are about to have a date in the garage.

·
Registered
779 Posts
just unscrew the two screws and the bracket falls down... Just like what Rebuilt 98 said... makes a perfect fit for the cb...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I haven't hit enough bumps and stumps off road to jar it loose yet because when I disconnect the bracket the write is still connected to the light. I pulled on it as hard as possible without breaking it or tearing out a wire and it won't budge. I'm not sure if the blue light piece comes out with the wire or if the wire disconnects from the lighted piece.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Rebuilt98 said:
Dude finesse not brute strength. There are some clips involved.
Yes there are 2 or 3 clips that you have to depress.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
The light just screws out. I've done this on a few Tacomas but not all of them come right out. Just keep twisting and pulling, it will come out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts