TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i know, im not real good at this kinda stuff. I found the 4 bolts that bolt the bumper brackets to the frame.. what else to i have to take off to get the bumper off because it felt like it was still hung on something...let me know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,394 Posts
there is a bolt on either side in the fenderwell, it is in a small hole about the size of a quarter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im talkin about the front bumper by the way
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so total, there are 6 bolts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
jdiesel said:
I know i know, im not real good at this kinda stuff. I found the 4 bolts that bolt the bumper brackets to the frame.. what else to i have to take off to get the bumper off because it felt like it was still hung on something...let me know!
That's all that's holding it there. Just pull the sucker off ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...Well what the hell was I loosening?? I thought there were 2 bolts on each side there at the very end of the frame?? By the way tenn....Im getting that lift from neal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,146 Posts
haha, the front is tricky..i was gonna take it off one time to pound some dents out of it. I stopped after i saw some tricky bolt things that i thought i would break.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, so bottom line, how do I take the front bumper off. Give me some instructions....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
jdiesel said:
...Well what the hell was I loosening?? I thought there were 2 bolts on each side there at the very end of the frame?? By the way tenn....Im getting that lift from neal
See my last post. You've got it, just pull.

Is he going to help you install it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah he is. So I take off the 4 bolt there to the frame and just pull...right?? is that what im hearing???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he said he just had to figure out a day that he's off work and some buddies can help....he said he's got some work to do to his lift too so we'll knock it all out in one day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
by the way tenn...are you doors off in that picture??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
jdiesel said:
by the way tenn...are you doors off in that picture??
Yeah, I normally take them off before I wheel. My doors are about the only body parts on my truck that aren't damaged. I'm tyring to keep them clean so I can sell them next fall when the taco becomes a trail only rig.

So, you're talking about the front bumper? My bad, when you said 4 bolts to the frame it sounded like the rear. The front has the bolts at the mounts on the frame, then out by the fenderwells (right at the top corners of the bumper) there are some L-shaped brackets. You'll need a socket and a box wrench (10mm I think) to hold one side and turn the other. They tend to twist around so be careful, but it's not hard. Also don't forget to remove your turn signals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
jdiesel said:
he said he just had to figure out a day that he's off work and some buddies can help....he said he's got some work to do to his lift too so we'll knock it all out in one day
Yeah I was supposed to help him add a spacer to his OME's last friday so we could go to Summertown on Saturday, but I got too busy. I told him I would come up and help when he got time, so we can probably knock yours out, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I Appreciate it. You know that marlin crawler just came out with tube doors for out tacos.....the are about 200 bucks plus shipping. not bad, I think Im going to pick some up about april in time for warm weather. nways, yeah i look forward to meetin you guys and seein yalls trucks. yall just let me know when yall are ready, im going to order shocks next week. what do you recommend for the 3 inc lift?? i was just going to get ranchos
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,892 Posts
Pull the plastic back under the front of the wheel well on each side for the 2 other small nuts you need to take off - 6 total

tenntaco said:
That's all that's holding it there. Just pull the sucker off ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
jdiesel said:
what do you recommend for the 3 inc lift?? i was just going to get ranchos
I've got the rancho's. There not great as far as ride (pretty stiff) but if you're on a budget they'll work just fine. Just call TOR or EOR in Murfreesboro. They can hook you up with part numbers/ordering.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top