TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garmin 76S doesn't mount conveniently anywhere in my '02 (to not hit the windshield).

Don't want to block the dash controls, don't want to drill into dash or anything.
I have seen some interesting mounts for cell phones using some type of flat stock that somehow slides in & behind the black center facia on the right side... or has anyone used the A pillar? Console is out of the question.

Anxious for any ideas...

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jamier2 said:
Here's a link to a place that sells the brackets that slip between trim panels on the dash. Someone on here told me about them, and they seem to have pretty stable mounts if you buy the vehicle specific model.

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Legend/
That looks like some good hardware, but I couldn't see a VSM for Taco's?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Here's the pdf of the Tacoma VSM: http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/TY-72-98.pdf

Here's the link to where you can search for the right fit (I used the wrong link before, right people, wrong product): http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/ColdFusion/Compatibility.cfm

Also, I LOVE my fender flares. You guys were great to deal with and you've made another dedicated customer. Now if I could just talk my wife into letting me buy your LSD. :) Better yet, I'd like to buy both your rearends for my truck, but there's no way she'd go for that yet.

·
Registered
469 Posts
One other cool thing about these is that the main kit has kind of a universal mounting plate, and you can use it for other applications.

·
Registered
925 Posts
valkyrie said:
Garmin 76S doesn't mount conveniently anywhere in my '02 (to not hit the windshield).

Don't want to block the dash controls, don't want to drill into dash or anything.
I have seen some interesting mounts for cell phones using some type of flat stock that somehow slides in & behind the black center facia on the right side... or has anyone used the A pillar? Console is out of the question.

Anxious for any ideas...
have you considered ram mounts? they are very high quality and versatile. the good thing about mounting on windshield as opposed to near the radio is that when you're driving, it's much easier to see.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
valkyrie said:

Anxious for any ideas...
I too use a RAM mount. I have a dash mat and cut a small hole for the base
attached to top of dash.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jamier2 said:
Here's the pdf of the Tacoma VSM: http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/TY-72-98.pdf

Here's the link to where you can search for the right fit (I used the wrong link before, right people, wrong product): http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/ColdFusion/Compatibility.cfm

Also, I LOVE my fender flares. You guys were great to deal with and you've made another dedicated customer. Now if I could just talk my wife into letting me buy your LSD. :) Better yet, I'd like to buy both your rearends for my truck, but there's no way she'd go for that yet.
Thanks for the kind words! i appreciate the links also!

·
Registered
119 Posts
valkyrie said:
Peekay & Grump, for the ram mount, which one did you get? pics of install?
Let me whore out another thread with mine, this is the side view of all the components.

·
Registered
925 Posts
valkyrie said:
Peekay & Grump, for the ram mount, which one did you get? pics of install?
i have the super suction cup one. the one with a switch on it. just lick the cup before you put it on and it wont ever come off unless you want it to.
the wonderful thing about ram mounts is how versatile they are. if you ever get a new gps, simply buy the cradle for 10 bucks and your system now can hold that gps. plus they make all sorts of other cradles, e.g. laptops, frs radio, cell phone, drinks, spotlight, almost anything. the mounting options are also infinite. i also have a u-bolt one ,like dyingyak posted, to use on my quad. man, i really love ram mounts if you cant tell. if they were public, i'd buy a crapload of stock in them.

check out the three pics i have in this folder.
http://community.webshots.com/album/129985284kSFYFo

·
Registered
119 Posts
valkyrie said:
ahhhh... very clever Brandon! Which mount is that?
It's a RAM mounting system. I think I used a 1" bar mount of for the handle with 1" swivel balls the short extension.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have mine mounted on the dash right over the a/c vents. I also use a ram mount. Got it through cabelas with the rhino specific adaptor for like 28.00. I just used rivets to mount the base to the dash. It has been riding fine for over a year now. I put it there so the power cord could come straight down to the cig lighter without having to route it all over the place. eventually I will add a power panel under the dash and then drill a new hole for the power wire to come up through the dash along the ram mount in the gps from the back side.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I used one of the profit vsm ones (that now holds my skyfi) but before it held my gps to the right of the stereo, it was out of the way of the windshield and still very readable. I can post a picture of what I am talking about if you want an idea....

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
scottnmos said:
I used one of the profit vsm ones (that now holds my skyfi) but before it held my gps to the right of the stereo, it was out of the way of the windshield and still very readable. I can post a picture of what I am talking about if you want an idea....
I'd appreciate that Scott...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts