TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know how you guys jack your truck up on the trail, it seems that the stock bolt jack won't cut it with a lifted truck. I'm looking for an alternative to a Hi-Jack because I don't have sliders or custom bumpers.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Before my sliders I used the tow hitch with my highlift. Was a bit unstable but for just changing a tire it was okay. On the front (it tore up the bumper) they sell or you could make a length of chain to attach to the tow hook and then use the high lift. There aren't to many choices. You could make something to set the bottel jack on to help keep it stable. Just would depend on the type of terrain you were on.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
GreenTaco said:
I want to know how you guys jack your truck up on the trail, it seems that the stock bolt jack won't cut it with a lifted truck. I'm looking for an alternative to a Hi-Jack because I don't have sliders or custom bumpers.
Here is the stock jack lifting my truck, and it even works with 36" tires.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You'll just need to get a new taller bottle jack, or a SUV/Truck floor jack that goes high enough.

·
Registered
713 Posts
You could buy a gorrila from the zoo Here is a picture of mine... He can lift the whole thing with one hand! But seriously un less you fab something like a 3 tone floor jack with a flat stand like the baja trucks or a big ol bottle jack really your only options, the rear bumper lift is super squirly i prefer to use my sliders.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
drabnor said:
i jack mine up by doing this to it to much
you like that pic dont you?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
DesertTRD said:
you like that pic dont you?

hehe yep, its the only good one i can find

are you following me? :xmoon:

·
Registered
269 Posts
ptrautne said:
Here is the stock jack lifting my truck, and it even works with 36" tires.

I always wondered where I had to put the bottle jack to make it work. Is there a specific hole I'm supposed to look for?

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
NisAznMonk said:
I always wondered where I had to put the bottle jack to make it work. Is there a specific hole I'm supposed to look for?
I just put the jack on the lower A-arm and on the axle tube in the rear

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
GreenTaco said:
I use a highlift on my front and rear bumpers, i used to have sliders but cut them off, go get a good bottle jack and you will be ok, for racing we use a floor jack with either oversized tires or a skid on it. depending on whos pit we are next to :)

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
TQM3 (Last IFS in AZ) said:
HEY! you knocked the girl off the roof :rofl:

she must have fallen off when i hit that jump :confused:
i dont know why, i told her to hold on tight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts