TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if there is going to be a house of wrenching anytime soon.

just got in fiberglass corner pieces for under my taillights and just ordered icon extended coilovers.

i have everything to do coilovers but will need some help cutting the fiberglass.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do they recommend cutting it?
theres no recommendation i could find on all-pros listing. people on the national board have been recommending: die grinder, angle grinder, dremel, and bandsaw. not really sure what the #1 preferred method is.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
It's just fiberglass, wear a mask and use a cut off wheel on an angle grinder.

Draw out your line where you want to cut, and have at it lol.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Your best bet for cutting fiberglass (or carbon fiber) is a diamond coated dremel wheel, which can be purchased at home depot for $15-20. We go through them by the hundreds. Cut the part fat, and then sand the edge down to the desired contour.

With composites, you don't want to cut with normal metal tools (band saw, hack saw, etc.). You want to abrasively grind the material away. If you try to take a chip, all you will end up doing is de-laminating the layers of glass. Here at work we have everything from Diamond coated table saw blades to diamond coated hack saw blades. They cost more than normal metal tools, but if you use them right they will last quite some time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts