TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to school, work full time, but looking to maybe move up to FoCo. Transfer schools, find a new job. That whole shebang.... How's the auto industry up that way?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
The auto industry... What aspect? I mean, the town isn't that big so it's probably not up to par with the springs. We have car dealers for just about every brand, various small repair shops, etc... But as with anywhere there are few job openings from what I have seen.

·
Registered
462 Posts
FoCo is a great town. Perfect size in my opinion... everything you need and more but not the hassle of the springs or Denver.
I have one more year left at CSU, is that where you would be going?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Either aspect, I've been in the business for years now ( both dealer and small shops). Yeah I'd be working the e.e. Program at csu. There seems to be a lot of money up there.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Either aspect, I've been in the business for years now ( both dealer and small shops). Yeah I'd be working the e.e. Program at csu. There seems to be a lot of money up there.

Thanks for the feedback!
Let me know if you need any other info about foco, I will be back up there for the rest of the year starting Friday

·
7,735 Posts
I can't comment on the job market/auto industry part (tho there are many dealerships as I'm sure you are aware), but I will say that FoCo is a GREAT place to live. You really can't go wrong, unless you prefer the big city (and I don't know anybody who actually likes suburbia).

·
Registered
393 Posts
I moved to Fort Collins in '96 for college..... and never left :D. I don't think you could pay me enough to move back to Denver.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Never lived in FoCo but have spent a fair amount of time there. Always loved it. Was tryin to talk my woman into moving there last spring.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I agree that it's a great place to live, I'm here for college as well. Seems that nobody ever wants to leave...which does make it hard for jobs occasionally.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump, its back in the works. I might be heading home to San Diego if I can't find anything up there. I think I will take a weekend to drop off some apps. Any ideas?

·
20,355 Posts
Just be sure you drop off a lot of em. I would also consider dropping off apps in loveland as it is not a bad drive from foco.

·
Registered
462 Posts
What kind of job are you looking for? Experience?

·
Registered
821 Posts
The only problem with Ft Fun is it's too fricking far from a ski area.

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
love it there...Should have kept the shop.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts