TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Sean Clowry and well, I'm sort of a newbie to the wheelin' world. I used to drag race SR5 Corolla's (rear wheel drive) back in the 70's & 80's in Hawaii, where we lived for 35+ years. My SR5 had the 3-TC Hemi-head motor, 1600cc running dual 38 Webers, Norris mid-range cam, chrome moly push rods & Hooker headers, and a 4.88 posi rear end. My best time on the 1/4 mi. was 14.30's. TRD was almost unheard of back then. All TRD parts were special order from Japan & spendy, just like today.
Now were living here in Washington State and I'm into 4X4 Tacoma's, and lovin' it!
Hope to get out on a run to meet you folks! :xbeer1:

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
kamaaina1 said:
My name is Sean Clowry and well, I'm sort of a newbie to the wheelin' world. I used to drag race SR5 Corolla's (rear wheel drive) back in the 70's & 80's in Hawaii, where we lived for 35+ years. My SR5 had the 3-TC Hemi-head motor, 1600cc running dual 38 Webers, Norris mid-range cam, chrome moly push rods & Hooker headers, and a 4.88 posi rear end. My best time on the 1/4 mi. was 14.30's. TRD was almost unheard of back then. All TRD parts were special order from Japan & spendy, just like today.
Now were living here in Washington State and I'm into 4X4 Tacoma's, and lovin' it!
Hope to get out on a run to meet you folks! :xbeer1:
Damn, that's one fast 1.6L!!
And luckily for you, Washington has a great state chapter, should have no problem hooking up with those guys for a run.
Welcome to the club.

--Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts