TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is on this site? Has anyone ever signed up?

Just wondering if they have PDF documents of the Factory Service Manuals?

I wouldn't mind spending $10 for a day pass if it's got useful info on it.

I bought some OBD-II Interpreter chips from elmelectronics.com about a year ago and was going to build my own OBD-II software as a side project, but I got sidetracked....lately I've had a renewed interest so I might get it up and running before I get lazy again.

I thought it would be cool to build a computer app that would let us record diagnostic / performance data from our Tacos and share it online so other members could load the files and playback the data...maybe with a virtual gauges and stuff.

This app on this page looks useful...

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/4Runner/tech/BR-3/

...but I think it'd be slick to have one that would leverage online forums like this one.

Anywho, has anyone checked out that site?

Dave

·
Registered
121 Posts
thats the dealer TIS program. they have a station at the dealer the connects. i got a free year for it from work and its pretty sweet. all dealer repair mauals from 90 and up toyotas including wiring diagrams. my years is almost up

if your lookkin for soemthin i can save the files and get them to ya.

Justin

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet! I'm gonna dump that entire site to my hard drive tomorrow...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My68ur8trd said:
thats the dealer TIS program. they have a station at the dealer the connects. i got a free year for it from work and its pretty sweet. all dealer repair mauals from 90 and up toyotas including wiring diagrams. my years is almost up

if your lookkin for soemthin i can save the files and get them to ya.

Justin
Are those different than what's on this page:

http://65.200.1.6/FSM/

If so, any OBD-II info would be useful. I think our trucks also have another diagnostic interface that's more Toyota proprietary. I don't think that stuff would be very useful since I guess you'd need the proprietary computers systems to go with it...

Dave

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you code an app, please for the love of all that is sacred, write it on (or port it to) *BSD.

Linux may suck my hairy nuts. ;)

Tell you what - you port it to BSD and I'll make it work in Aqua on OSX. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
obscurotron said:
If you code an app, please for the love of all that is sacred, write it on (or port it to) *BSD.

Linux may suck my hairy nuts. ;)

Tell you what - you port it to BSD and I'll make it work in Aqua on OSX. :)
No worries there, I'm a Java coder...well wait, I dunno if there's the Java Comm package available for BSD or not...this type of app has to use the Comm port, so you need the comm library.

This might to it: http://www.rxtx.org/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts