TTORA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... just got my new set of American Racing Polished Mag Ventura wheels and Firestone destination M/T's... However, The manual hubs from the stock wheels do not come out far enough, nor do they match... This is something new for me... so I was wondering how hard it would be to replace them myself, and where I could pick something like this up. I'm also looking for suggestions as to which ones to get (match the finish and depth reletivley close) Any and all help would be appreciated! There should be a picture attatched? :eek:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
If it was me I would just ditch the cover all together. I think they look better without them. Another option might be to trim that cover down. Just pop them out and cutt them down on a bandsaw or with a grinder and then clear coat so they don't rust.

·
609 Posts
HoT_DoGgIN said:
Hey guys... just got my new set of American Racing Polished Mag Ventura wheels and Firestone destination M/T's... However, The manual hubs from the stock wheels do not come out far enough, nor do they match... This is something new for me... so I was wondering how hard it would be to replace them myself, and where I could pick something like this up. I'm also looking for suggestions as to which ones to get (match the finish and depth reletivley close) Any and all help would be appreciated! There should be a picture attatched? :eek:
Take off the center cap. It just holds in mud and water anyways. You can have my extra ones if you want to try and trim a pair down. I just took mine off cause I thought it looked dumb.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to try and do that!.. I'm assuming they are the same ones as what I have, so how much would it be to ship those to 45069?

Thanks!

·
Registered
670 Posts
simply get rid of the center caps, I run my wheels w/o them, I just think it looks better.

·
609 Posts
HoT_DoGgIN said:
I would love to try and do that!.. I'm assuming they are the same ones as what I have, so how much would it be to ship those to 45069?

Thanks!
$8.11 . PM me if you still want them.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How would I go about taking off the open faced hubs on the front wheels? I would assume it involves taking the wheel off, and poppin' them off somehow... any of you guys have any pictures without the caps on? It would be greatly appreciated if you could shoot some this way before I go and start taking things apart again...

·
609 Posts
HoT_DoGgIN said:
How would I go about taking off the open faced hubs on the front wheels? I would assume it involves taking the wheel off, and poppin' them off somehow... any of you guys have any pictures without the caps on? It would be greatly appreciated if you could shoot some this way before I go and start taking things apart again...
Are you serious? Just take a 13/16" deep drive socket on a breaker bar, remove 6 lugs, pull the wheel, and the center cap just pulls off by hand. Click on my link and there are some pix. Put some anti-seize on the studs for easier removal next time and be sure to retorque the nuts at 100 miles or so.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What should I torque the lugs to? Do I have to retorque them every time I take them off? (I already had them retorqued after the first 100 miles)... and to be the newb of the day... how do you guys maintain your polished aluminum wheels. Wheel wax, regular cleaning... This is the first set I've ever owned, and had to ask it..
thx

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
HoT_DoGgIN said:
What should I torque the lugs to? Do I have to retorque them every time I take them off? (I already had them retorqued after the first 100 miles)... and to be the newb of the day... how do you guys maintain your polished aluminum wheels. Wheel wax, regular cleaning... This is the first set I've ever owned, and had to ask it..
thx
Torque = 83 lbs. With alloy wheels, always retorque them after the first 50-100 miles or so. It is a good idea to check them every once in a while anyway. When(if) you lose one, you will become very sensitive to torquing your wheels! Mothers works well to clean them. I bought a rouge polishing kit which works very well to bring them back to new if they are raw alloy(not painted). Any heavy truck shop will have them.

·
Registered
670 Posts
wisctaco04 said:
Are you serious? Just take a 13/16" deep drive socket on a breaker bar, remove 6 lugs, pull the wheel, and the center cap just pulls off by hand. Click on my link and there are some pix. Put some anti-seize on the studs for easier removal next time and be sure to retorque the nuts at 100 miles or so.
That About Sums it Up, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts