TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen this posted yet, so if it was sorry. I have a 2001 DBL Cab TRD with Danaho extended coil overs, I want to go higher but don't want to loose the hoes, also I'm going to add a set of Camberg unibals for the uppers. As I save the money i dont want to buy parts and change. I know there is a lift out there that uses a drop down bracket for the bottom and a spacer that is used on top of the coil overs and a spacer off of the top of the spindle. Can I put the Hoes under the spacer and reduce the amount of lift they give and use the camberg unibals on top of the spindle spacer? Will it give me more flex? I hear that the drop brackets are week when it comes to flex and I don't want a mall runner. I know that the lower ball joint is a limiting factor. I know Donahoe and camberg are exallent products, and I love the hoes, for about 4 months now. Can I mix the cambergs/ Hoes with this lift or just stay with the coil overs and uniballs? I don't know the name of the lift, and looking for pics. But more importantly I will be doing some good 4X4ing and just wanted the extra ground clearance or will i be good with the unibals?
Thanks for any help
Ryan

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes you can add a fabtech lift, or Trail Master lift kit which will lift your truck 6 inches more and then still use your hoes if you use the TM coil spacer with the lift...i'm pretty sure the procomp kit would work too but you would have to use the procomp spacer with that one...don't quote me on this one about the procomp lift i dont' have much experience with it...i believe it's a 4 in lift. As far as flex goes i believe you will get the same amount of flex you get from the hoes in the first place, the stiffer than stock spring rate of the hoes is what will limit your flex more than anything not the diff drop lift kit. To obtain more flex you'd have to use a softer spring like OME (Old Man Emu) Springs which are rated at 500# as opposed to the coilovers which are stiffer. But doing this you will loose load carrying capicity in the front end that you gain with the hoes, that's only an issue if you have a lot of weight up front liek a aftermarket bumper and winch, and/or second battery. You will be able to crank up the lift to a safe point of and inch or and inch and a half on the hoes from what I have heard...2 inches puts stress on the cv's because fabtech didn't drop their diff a full 6 inches. I don't know the limits of the other kits because i don't konw how much they drop their diffs, i have a fabtech that's what i know.

BTW your ground clearance under the diff won't change from using a drop down bracket, you only gain ground clearance under the diff from using larger tires or adjustable coilovers cranked higher or spring spacers...only extra ground clearance you will gain with the drop down lift is from your frame on up.

Someone else will have to chime in on the camburg upper ball joint/control arm replacement because i don't know much about them...i know they are supposed to add the extra inch of downtravel but i don't about using them with the diff drop lift kits...i would thinnk that they limiting factor woudl still be the ball joint and adding that will give you the extra inch and make your strut the limiting factor...but don't quote me on that! Someone help me out with this and feel free to correct me if anythign i just typed is incorrect.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I thought that I would be able to use the coil overs, but wasn't sure.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you want just a little more lift get the arms and a diff drop spacer and crank more ride height in to the coilovers.

If you get the arm MAKE SURE you send the coilovers in to be extended to take advantage of the arm or else you will not gain travel and ride will suffer at the higher setting.

This will result in the best performing, strongest set up. You will also gain clearance under the diff this way.

If you have any question feel free to call 714-632-3033 ext29

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DylanDr said:
If you want just a little more lift get the arms and a diff drop spacer and crank more ride height in to the coilovers.

If you get the arm MAKE SURE you send the coilovers in to be extended to take advantage of the arm or else you will not gain travel and ride will suffer at the higher setting.

This will result in the best performing, strongest set up. You will also gain clearance under the diff this way.

If you have any question feel free to call 714-632-3033 ext29
Dylan, when I purchased them I got them extended as for the plans in the future for uniballs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
elgecko said:
You could add a body lift for less $$$

I was thinking of a 3 in body lift like Roger Brown but I here that there is issues with the cab supports going through the cab.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts