1984 truck, 22r, new 4 inch spring lift

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reccomendations.....

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
You need to get them to be at a 45* angle or so with the bottom behind the top not in front of it.....in a perfect world they would be parallel to the frame at full bump and 90* to it at full droop.....i would be primarily focused on the full droop aspect.....from the looks of it the rear springs are too short....they just don't look right.....about the only option is new springs or move the hanger(s)

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, i will try to look into it...they are rough country lift springs made for this truck....so i just need to move the hangers forward?

·
4,068 Posts
ok, i will try to look into it...they are rough country lift springs made for this truck....so i just need to move the hangers forward?
Yeah shackle hangars look like they could go forward. Shackle could be a little longer too.

Weird though...if those are application specific someone else should have had this issue before.

Nice truck BTW. I like it!

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I can find out from what I've had time to read is that being on the inside increases the spring rate....what other I'll effects will it cause......

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it is a very stiff/ruff ride....so.....i just need to move mounts forward correct

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
To start with....yes....move the mount at the top of the shackle ahead so that the shackle lays back at ~45* angle, something like this

With the arch of the spring like it is it will never ride like a Cadillac but fixing the shackle will help

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
also....this may be dumb but....are you sure those springs are in correctly....most of the time the clamps you see in the pic on the spring behind the tire go on the front part of the spring. Are you sure they are not i backwards?

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, this will be the first mod i do on this vehicle it looks like....then i gota find some tires and start making some armor. still has the original style steering....mayb a propane candidate

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nate I got a second gen 4runner master/ booster (non abs) that I planned on using for my taco. But its just too far off to make work. U need a spare ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nate I got a second gen 4runner master/ booster (non abs) that I planned on using for my taco. But its just too far off to make work. U need a spare ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
right now i need to focus funds on needs...i really need tires and to put new shackle hangers on the rear so that i can actually take it offroad

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also....this may be dumb but....are you sure those springs are in correctly....most of the time the clamps you see in the pic on the spring behind the tire go on the front part of the spring. Are you sure they are not i backwards?
the springs have the wrap clamps on both ends

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
feel free to move this if you wish......
trailgear shackle relocation kit and greaseable shackles ordered.
going today to order new goodyear mt-r/k for my jeep and passing the mickey thompson mtz down to the toyota.

·
Registered
45 Posts
See you are back and actually dragged me back too. Persistence paid off. Now to keep at it

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
welcome back rebelrunner.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Now to start learning things to improve the runner.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts