TTORA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 95 tacoma and while I was washing my truck this afternoon I notice that it i was leaning on the drivers side. I checked the leafs on the drivers side and they're broken and they're stock. How much does it cost for new ones and what brand or kind should I get.

·
Registered
718 Posts
you can always check craigslist for a set too. but if your looking for a new set i would go with wheelers.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Is it lifted at all???

If it is go to the local salvage yard and find a set of springs for a 89-94 pickup......they will give you around 2" of lift and work great on the 95-97 tacoma's..........I was able to get the springs, new bushings, and new u-bolts for less than 100$

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The 89-94 springs seem like they would be a bit stiff. My roommates 89 doesnt flex too much in the rear but I am not sure if they are stock springs or not. I would vote for the wheelers or stock replacements.

·
Registered
119 Posts
x5 on the Wheeler's Deavers. If you like stock load capacity I just put mine on a few months ago and love them. They have five leaf for a ~1.75" lift and four for stock height.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes my truck is lifted. It has a 3 inch lift on it. Well I was looking at those deavers and it says that it will decrease in gross max weight handling capability over the stock leaf packs. Does this mean I can't haul more because acouple times a year I'll haul anywhere from 300 to 800 pounds and my brother got a new 15ft aluminum boat, I plan on stealing.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
There are a couple of different options that you could go for then. You could try a junkyard, post in the wanted section for stockers(expensive shipping), you could go with more leafs on the deavers, or you could get some from alcan or dakar(which are said to handle loads better than deavers

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,595 Posts
Well I was looking at those deavers and it says that it will decrease in gross max weight handling capability over the stock leaf packs. Does this mean I can't haul more because acouple times a year I'll haul anywhere from 300 to 800 pounds and my brother got a new 15ft aluminum boat, I plan on stealing.
The Deaver prerunner leaf packs (7/8 leaf packs) do have a decreased load limit. But the stock replacement packs that Wheelers carries will support the full load limits of your truck. Thats why I recommended getting the Wheelers leaf packs.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes my truck is lifted. It has a 3 inch lift on it. Well I was looking at those deavers and it says that it will decrease in gross max weight handling capability over the stock leaf packs. Does this mean I can't haul more because acouple times a year I'll haul anywhere from 300 to 800 pounds and my brother got a new 15ft aluminum boat, I plan on stealing.
OME Dakar's are your friend then.:2cents:

My bad, just saw the post below saying you have a '95

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Keep in mind your truck is a 95 meaning the springs are shorter than a normal 98-04 Tacoma......the wheelers springs are the only off the shelf spring designed for your truck.

If you go with deavers they will have to be custom made.

If you go with OME Dakars you will really be getting a set of springs for a 89-94 pickup with 1 leaf removed to reduce the amount of lift they provide.

You could move your spring mounts to accept the longer 98+ springs and there are numerous threads explaining how to do that.

As far as the stock 89-94 springs are concerned.......mine flex out fine......my shocks limit flex before the spring maxes out........and they haul weight good......I just took 987lbs of scrap steal in to the recycler and they did it with out missing a beat......plus they were cheap :)

I would either go with used stock pickup springs if you are straped for cash or the wheelers springs if you can afford it. :2cents:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
reg cab and excab should have the same spring length.....the only thing i don't know about is if the excab ones are a heavier rate to deal with the extra weight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.