TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Ehhh i can make out parts of it, pretty sure its German.

They do the same types of games in America, having to pick up golf balls of golf greens without touching the grass and such, shits crazy!

Side note, that would suck hardcore if the hydraulic system failed lol

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
That is pretty neat!

Why? I have no idea!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yeah, last year JC Bamford built a diesel car that achieved some sort of world speed record. They just wanted to prove how tough their diesel engines were, and it was great publicity.
Two of the same engines that power their loaders were matched up together and tuned all to hell. It was great marketing.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
He bet that he could climb the tower in 8 minutes using that model track hoe, as a publicity stunt, demonstrating the stregnth of the machines built by Liebharr. The boom reaching a height of 15 meters. "Ladies and Gentlemen this is real, There are no tricks here he is actually climbing that tower with a factory built machine. The same machine that people purchase every day." pretty much the jist of what he is saying.

Pretty f'ing sweet though.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
i wanna see it come down.......Crashing down.LOL

Sweet video

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Damn, that takes some balls and a steady hand to do something like that. How does it not fall over backwards when he pulls the arm out to reset it for the next level? Cool video though!

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn, that takes some balls and a steady hand to do something like that. How does it not fall over backwards when he pulls the arm out to reset it for the next level? Cool video though!
That's what amazed me... you'll notice some small hooks where they basically clamp on to a piece of plate to wedge between those hooks and the tracks on the blocks, I think it's the same with the plate on the arm too..

I was sitting there asking myself "WTF is this guy doing" followed by "how the fuck is he doing it" followed by "you're shitting me, how is that little hook/plate thing holding up the whole dam rig" followed by "oh shit, this thing is going to come crashing down, there's no way" followed by "He made it to the top?!?! how the fuck does he make it back down?"

Anybody know if this setup is actually used in commercial applications? or is this something somebody just dreamed up for exhibitions?

·
Registered
821 Posts
nice vid. I've been trying to find the one in my email with the guy in the front end loader doing endos and bouncing along on his front wheels.

Give a boy a toy and he'll play with it. Give a man a much bigger toy, and he'll still play with it. Boy that sentence is loaded.

edit... here's a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIqw4k2fDr8

and since you're contemplating a new job, here's a good way to go out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH5xn2zzCkw&feature=related

Really there are a lot of these things to watch on YT, but I noticed they are all from other countries. Guess they don't have OSHA there.

·
Registered
342 Posts
first off....how the hell did you come accross that? secondly....thats pretty friggen awesome and third.....you have way too much time on your hands lol

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was cruising a pirate thread on big dumb loads (as in stupid people using trailers), somebody posted it up (and was flamed because it wasn't a big dumb load). I was mostly looking at examples of how not to load a trailer... and you couldn't be more wrong about the time on my hands.;) But I can see how you'd think so.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I didn't watch the video till the very end. Does it say how he makes it down? It looks like he is pretty much screwed when he gets to the top.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
No, he only got to the top... I assume he got down the same way...

·
Registered
878 Posts
That's what amazed me... you'll notice some small hooks where they basically clamp on to a piece of plate to wedge between those hooks and the tracks on the blocks, I think it's the same with the plate on the arm too..

I was sitting there asking myself "WTF is this guy doing" followed by "how the fuck is he doing it" followed by "you're shitting me, how is that little hook/plate thing holding up the whole dam rig" followed by "oh shit, this thing is going to come crashing down, there's no way" followed by "He made it to the top?!?! how the fuck does he make it back down?"

Anybody know if this setup is actually used in commercial applications? or is this something somebody just dreamed up for exhibitions?
The "potential" commercial application is for subterranean construction where a long run out tunnel to get heavy equipment in and out is not available ... the problem being that the base of the tractor is really small and is with out proper weight/counter weight to really do big jobs!

It would also be useful for buildings /skyscrapers where the height is limited by the craning systems available ... this machine and climbing system could answer a few construction dilemmas for high rise applications!

My guess is they have trial and errored that process a few times before they went on camara ... my guess is they are still working on the decent!

There are some practical limitations to that machine ... the track size severely limits its lifting capacity and they likely couldn't climb with a bigger track system, engine or cab ... the hydraulic stack and arm is massive relative to the drive/pump system ... maintenance is going to be a hugh task to keep that thing functional ... they are probably maxing it out just doing the upward climb ... if they had to actually do labor after that climb they would be pushing it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts