TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
it is reliable, that is how most people lift their vehicles without upgrading to coilovers which is a far better riding and designed suspension up front

the add a leaf in back will be fine

welcome to the site

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
ole_red9 said:
Im looking to buy a lift kit, is this everything I need to lift it? Do I need anymore parts other then this package? Is it realiable?

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/52907.html
That is everything you need for the lift. Are you going to actually use the truck alot offroad after you put it on? That lift is good for mild offroading, not 2-3 times a month.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on mudding, Im not going hardcore/Extreme. Just enough have fun! Im new too the hole thing so im not going to go in over my head YET!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
thats alright, if i were you i would check into some of our sponsors products for example toytec, the are about the best quality spacer you are going to find

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Red, there are pro and cons of using the spacer lifts. It appears that you will be doing some light duty off roading and mall crawling, so your best bet for the time being will probably be the spacer kit. Be aware that you will have some rubbing at full droop and your Caster numbers (alignment) will not be optimal, but it is do-able. If you stick with a 32 inch tire, you may not rub the body mount at full lock and stuff, but you will still have to trim some of the plastic. Read through the forums and make the best choice that you can, for the cash involved. A coil over set up is going to cost you boo-koo bucks.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You should go with toyec, high quality and 10% discount:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i was looking into the toyec lift as well. i have an 01 that i am planning on converting to 4wd. my friend said i could get the lift before i convert. is this true? what do u recomend? is the 10% from being a member of the forum?

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
ole_red9 said:
I plan on mudding, Im not going hardcore/Extreme. Just enough have fun! Im new too the hole thing so im not going to go in over my head YET!!!
remember- schools, parks, and power line trails are the best place for mudding.
(or at least that is what a whole slew of jaggoffs think)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
ole_red9
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing