TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres what I got: 95 tacoma with a 2 1/2in rancho suspention lift on 33x12.5x15

Heres the problem: If you couldn't guess the tires rub, but not much.

Options: 1'' body lift, or a 2'' body lift, or do some trimming.

I hate body lifts but if a 1'' will work I will do it. I also am nervous about trimming because the truck looks nice and I want it to stay that way. I anyone has any suggestions please give me a holler Thanks Ryan :confused:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
you could try throwing on some fiberglass fenders...should help a bit

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
oh, yeah...you will probably need more lift with the 12.50s especially...my 285s rubbed with 2.5" until the trimming, of course, but with the extra width...it's gonna be either a lot of trimming and/or a BL

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I had the same setup last summer and even with the pichweld mod and trimming of the front bumper valance I had rubbing. Though those two mods made a WORLD or difference in the amount of rubbing that I had.

Also You didn't say what wheels you are running, I had stock wheels and there was terrible rubbing no matter what I did. After swithching to 15x8 with 3.75 of back spacing it helped, but with those big wide tires it still rubbed.

I installed a 2" body lift and that completely took care of the problem, looking back at it I think a 1" would have been plenty. Also if you do a BL re-use your stock washers they are WAY better than the ones that come in the kit. In fact I would use both to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
134 Posts
AK95Taco said:
I had the same setup last summer and even with the pichweld mod and trimming of the front bumper valance I had rubbing. Though those two mods made a WORLD or difference in the amount of rubbing that I had.

Also You didn't say what wheels you are running, I had stock wheels and there was terrible rubbing no matter what I did. After swithching to 15x8 with 3.75 of back spacing it helped, but with those big wide tires it still rubbed.

I installed a 2" body lift and that completely took care of the problem, looking back at it I think a 1" would have been plenty. Also if you do a BL re-use your stock washers they are WAY better than the ones that come in the kit. In fact I would use both to be on the safe side.
do you have any pics of your rig??? i am doing 3" suspension and 2" body and i want to see what it looks like?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts