TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i dropped my truck off at a shop to get this steering prob fixed. He called and told me it would be $900 because the entire rack is bad. This is after he said it was the inner tie rods, and that would only be $225 installed. I told him to hold off because i dont have that kind of money laying around and ill find my own steering rack. He said fine and it would be $200 to install it. I know that may be slightly pricey but i dont feel like ripping apart my truck in 20 degree weather with a foot of snow all around me. Anyways, Its taken me about 4 days to find the one im getting and this monday im going to order it (www.carsteering.com has awesome prices, its $290 for a complete rack except the outter TR with free shipping), he said fine. So i get a call this morning and we just got a foot of snow over night and since his parking lot is small and my truck has just been sitting there for a week he asked if i can take it until i get the rack in and also so they can plow thier driveway. Ok fine, I pick up my truck and notice the radio has been reset, pretty frustrating because not i have to set up all my time delays and eqs and such but whatever, i can deal. So then i decide to listen to some tunes on my way home. Turn on the radio, turn it up and hear that 2 speakers on the pass side of my 3 way comonets are freaking blown! This is on a $800 set of speakers. The shop is closed on weekends but holy shit is he going to be paying me back!!!! Im pissed but controled because yelling goes no where as i know. My Mom thought that was the effective way to communicate as i was a child. But im just mad because they are a decent little shop 2 blocks from my house, do good work but charge a lot but you can normally talk him down. But im just so entirely mad.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so i just called to see if anyone was there and surprisingly there is! i confronted him ont and of course he is saying he never turns on stereos especially ones as big as mine. so he got mad becase i told him that im an audiophile and i know my system and i know that iver blown a speaker and all i know is now 2 of them are. he was imediately defensive. what should i do???

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mtnfrk79 said:
Ok, so i just called to see if anyone was there and surprisingly there is! i confronted him ont and of course he is saying he never turns on stereos especially ones as big as mine. so he got mad becase i told him that im an audiophile and i know my system and i know that iver blown a speaker and all i know is now 2 of them are. he was imediately defensive. what should i do???
That fookin sucks! I am also an audiophile and flip out if someone touches even a button. Threaten him with going to the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Protection Division of your State's Attorney General's office. That will get his attention.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheez said:
That fookin sucks! I am also an audiophile and flip out if someone touches even a button. Threaten him with going to the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Protection Division of your State's Attorney General's office. That will get his attention.
im only one click away from that. i have filled out all the info but first i want to get my spare key back from him on monday. I knew i should have taken my faceplate off. but the first time i took it there everything was fine so i figured that it should be ok this time as well. Guess not

·
Registered
53 Posts
That sucks. Maybe he doesn't touch the system but one of his workers probably did. The help is never as good as the owner.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yeah, employees mess with systems all the time. I had one shop even go so far as to take the faceplate I had stored in my center consol and put it back on. Then they tried to tell me that they never touched the stereo. I was STEAMED!! Needless to say I reported them and have never gone back since.

·
Registered
47 Posts
03trdblack said:
Yeah, employees mess with systems all the time. I had one shop even go so far as to take the faceplate I had stored in my center consol and put it back on. Then they tried to tell me that they never touched the stereo. I was STEAMED!! Needless to say I reported them and have never gone back since.
Take em to court for 2 new speakers. It may not be much, but I guarentee thier shop manager will put an end to employees screwing w/ people's systems.

And if you dont take them to court, they will just continue on doing it to other people's systems, so dont flake and not go.
-Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts