TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just picked up my 2007 taco, OffRoad, 4 door, 6 speed manual, silver, and got them to throw in some of those rubber all weather TOYOTA (150 $) mats for free lol and I got to keep my UWS tool box. I have to say I'm very impressed with the 07 compared to the 01 I had. Drove a hell of alot better, more power when u need it esp with the 6-speed manual-that really kicks ass... It's excelent... I was worried about the highway speeds due to another member's comments on it but took it out for a test drive and it did about 2800(+-)100 going 80 in 6th... I'd recomend the manual to any one who likes them, they are worth it... My truck is the silver color and I think that was a wise choice cause dirt and scratches...

Mods for future
1.) cold air intake of some kind? any suggestions
2.) black rims w/ more aggresive tires
3.) MAYBE armor, front + rear bumpers + silders

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hit up the URD quick shift - best purchase I have made so far.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never drove a vehicle with the quick shift what is it? Although I've driven a mustang with a short shifter in it? Don't know how similar they are? The the quick shifter the thing that kinda throws it into gear? And how much?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha Ha I figured you all would know the answer to that one lol j/k I knew I had forgot something.. HELL YEA it's a 4x4.. Never owned something 2 wheel drive in my life..

·
Registered
750 Posts
The quick shifter is the same as a short throw - reduces the length of throw by ~ 44% in this case. Check out this page for details

Took me about an hour while taking my time.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
i would recommend against a K&N intake for your truck. I had one on mine for 6 months, about 7500 miles...truck runs better w/o it...

Enjoy your truck!!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x2 stay away from the CAI, truck runs great without it. Congrats on the new truck.

·
Registered
883 Posts
very nice. just curious, what was your final price. i got away with free weather mats, alarm, and rack. just got it done yesterday.

edit: oh yea, and :worthless

·
Registered
35 Posts
BBYODA, your inbox is full. Anyway, thanks for the info, I will stick with the same set-up (manual). It is all I know. Now I have the fun task of getting a price and locating the rig.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Some dealerships said when I called them, that toyota don't make a 4 door 6 speed manual lol I was like okay? I test drove one the other day... They kinda studdered and asked if it was not a access cab or something.

Anyways I'd look at making a deal with anyone withing the range from 26,500-27,500 depending on where you are at. and remember they have a 500 instant rebate this month, but most dealers will quote you the rebate included in when they first quote you the price, and look on the dealers web page, sometimes they have special discounts also....

Anyways I erased my pm box thing, Need to become a member, I think I can hold more right? The new truck kicks ass, 6 speed is awesome.. i know I'm repeating myself but it really is.. I'd opt for the manual anyday over the damn auto haha not dishing you auto guys but auto's just don't get the job done for some of us guys... Good luck on the purchases and hope they don't have to order you one, cause they told me it would take 3-4 months I said F that with 2 fingers haha..

·
Registered
1 Posts
ocdropzone said:
i would recommend against a K&N intake for your truck. I had one on mine for 6 months, about 7500 miles...truck runs better w/o it...

Enjoy your truck!!!
Hello All,
I would second this opinion.I have been reading on this board for the last couple of months and have found some very good info.Its the best Tacoma forum that i have found.As far as your possible mods my .02 are to go with a short throw shifter or adapter,i wouldn't recommend a CAI you'd be surprised how well the trucks made nowadays are tuned very well from the factory.Here is a link for a comparison of air filters and CAI's that might be a good read for you all.It is from another forum that i have been a member for for quite awhile. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10372&highlight=air+filter+study .

Fred

·
Registered
7 Posts
itsmeagain5789 said:
very nice. just curious, what was your final price. i got away with free weather mats, alarm, and rack. just got it done yesterday.

edit: oh yea, and :worthless
That's a pretty good deal with those freebies, which Toyota dealership did you go to? I'm from Jax too.

·
Registered
883 Posts
vipUF said:
That's a pretty good deal with those freebies, which Toyota dealership did you go to? I'm from Jax too.

hmm... i remember wen myne had 140 miles last week. lol. now shes at 650. i accidentally gave it a little to much gas today trying to pass people, and i am so used to my 3.slow, that when i pushed the peddle 3/4 down, it slammed me against my seat.. :eek: i was like holy shitt!!! haha. wat a great feeling

i went to arlington toyota. it was the only double cab 4x4 offroad that they had. they hadn't had too much interest in it and they were ready to get rid of it. actually, there were only two in jacksonville, there was a dark blue one at ernie palmer, but it sold just as i went to look at it. didn't like the color anyway. people usually go for prerunners down here because theres no need for 4wd, but im in need of it :D anyway. my price was right around 27 and 28, but with the special financing toyota offers, it was 29600. i think i got a good deal considering that they gave me about $600 worth of free stuff.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got on mine one time just accelerating kinda quick and it roars lol.. for 30K it better haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts