TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'll keep it short.
I live on Long Island NY and the owner of 3 Toyota trucks. I was driving home the other morning on Nicoles rd south then west on sunrise hwy. and see this nice rig it was about an 01-03 (i think) black extra cab. It's lifted/tires /sliders/dirty/tail light guards/ TTORA sticker behind the driver and some other rmods. Well I pulled up next to him with my 01 stepside S-Runner (displaying a my CUSTOMTACOS.COM sticker in my window) and give him the thumbs up and he looks at me like i'm in a Ford....What's up with that? granted i'm not lifted but I give everyone respect for driving a Toyota truck. To see any Tacoma with a Toyota related web site sitcker in the back window on long island is very rare so......... who was it? :bitchslap

( looking through the gallery I think I know who it is)

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
waa

:rolleyes: in real life,wheelers dont recognize streeters right away.
its not like a harley club(easily identified)
i hope you will get over it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hahaha..

Out here (in the Kuntreee), I see drivers waiting at each other all the time. Ford drivers waving at Nissan owners. Cheby guys wavin' at Yota folk.. Dodge hemi owners snickerin' at everyone else.

It's just the thing that you do (Minus the snickering part.) :p

·
Registered
793 Posts
You'll get over it. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Schuey2002 said:
Dodge hemi owners snickerin' at everyone else.
And everyone else snickering at what a over rated motor the new 5.7L Hemi's are, if it's a crate 426, 472, or 528 then it is worth looking at... otherwise its just another V8.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
97 FZJ80 said:
And everyone else snickering at what a over rated motor the new 5.7L Hemi's are, if it's a crate 426, 472, or 528 then it is worth looking at... otherwise its just another V8.
Awesome. Finally someone who sees through the bullshit of the Ram Hemi.

The new Hemi and the whole "Yeah, it's got a Hemi" fucktard campaign is aimed at mouth-breathing, more-money-than-brains dumbasses who don't know anything about engines, or automobiles in general.

Hemi means nothing. It's simply a different design for the heads of an ordinary motor. Nothing special.

I'm an asshole about this, but it's just so damned over-used and abused.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
toyota_s_runner said:
it's the fact he had the TTORA sticker so I was like cool ....this guy is into his truck so am I...whoops he's also into himself to what a shame...
Yeah, I see what you're saying, but there are some club members who really don't involve themselves in the forum or runs.

I like talking to people, meeting people, and being friendly, so I do all of that when I see Tacoma drivers. Most ignore me and give me a "What do you want?" look.

·
Registered
12 Posts
All "hemi" means is it has hemispherically-shaped combustion chambers.

My uncle was a diesel mechanic for a large trucking company, he said that alot of not worth mentioning chrsyler motors over the years have been hemi's. Their currently producing something like 440,000 hemi motors right now in Mexico. Exclusive?? I think not.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
toyota_s_runner said:
( looking through the gallery I think I know who it is)
:xcrybaby:

Then why not send him a private message asking him if that was him? If he says yes, then file your grievance with him and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
mudferret said:
That's a fast mofo'in truck. I doubt it could beat mine though, it's well known around here that I put a blown 350 in my Taco last year. I run low 11's.
Why would anyone put a blown engine in their truck? How'd you blow it, run out of oil?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts